Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

United Private Schools Muscat

Hi all,
I am a single male from England who has been offered a maths teacher position in United Private Schools in Muscat. I am wondering if anyone can provide some information about the school, accommodation, facilities etc. I read some horrific stories about the school and management but I want to make sure I have enough information before I commit .

Any information will be appreciated , many thanks

Berkee

Dear Berkee,

Whatever the horrific stories you have heard are absolutely true. Children of one of my friend are studying there and the parents have already decided to take them off, Its one of the most mismanaged school among the private sector

Dear Berkee,
Unfortunately, I worked for UPS from Aug-June 2016. I was one of the very unhappy teachers  (not one teacher was happy) who had the misfortune of moving to Muscat from the UK, with all the emotional upheaval that entailed, only to realise that UPS is nothing more than a money making, corrupt business.
The facilities are substandard and the senior management team is a joke! The owners have no teaching experience and threaten teaching staff constantly with deportation, if they speak out or disagree with their corrupt vision of how a school should be ran/managed.
British teachers are used as a front to give the schools credibility as International teaching establishments.
I could write all day telling you about the horrific experiences I endured whilst there, but suffice to say that all the horrific stories you say you have read are true.
I deeply regret accepting the position and it has taken me a long time and months of therapy to recover!
Don't do it, for your own sake. There are better and more rewarding schools to work for in Muscat.
All the best Izzie

Expatriate health insurance in Muscat

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Muscat

Moving to Muscat

Find tips from professionals about moving to Muscat

Travel insurance in Muscat

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Muscat

Flights to Muscat

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Muscat