NOC Issue

Hi All,

There is a situation here, a friend left a company with an NOC after having got another offer, the issuer of the NOC was willing to make himself available for the ROPs assurance for the authenticity of the NOC issuance. But now the hairier is unable to get a Visa for this person, so what now could be the solution if the issuer refuses to give another NOC for any new company offer the person manages to get?
rgds
CKAN

cant do any thing
that ban for 2 years only
he cant get visa from other company if ROP refuse to accept NOC

Hi
May be you didn't understand the issue.. its not the issue with NOC.. THE NEW sponsor is not able to get a visa..

if sponser is not able to get visa then its problem for sponser may be his company have some problem with visa department they need may be cleanrce or some things not fullfll by sponsor to get visa.
any how even get NOC not grantee to accept by visa department ban for 2 years

CKAN wrote:

Hi All,

There is a situation here, a friend left a company with an NOC after having got another offer, the issuer of the NOC was willing to make himself available for the ROPs assurance for the authenticity of the NOC issuance. But now the hairier is unable to get a Visa for this person, so what now could be the solution if the issuer refuses to give another NOC for any new company offer the person manages to get?
rgds
CKAN

Hi CKAN,

I see your post and some vague responses.

Let me assist you ....

There is no issue actually. As long as the person carries an NOC he / she is free to join any other company willing to provide the person with the employment visa.

The NOC is an open document that entitles the bearer to join another sponsor / employer.

So if the holder fails to get an employment visa from one source, then he / she can try with another sponsor / employer and still use the same NOC given by the last employer.

The only challenge here is to get another job.

That great
if like that then its good
but i read in news that ROP conform that there is no Grantee even we have NOC from previous company to come in Oman
i ask some Omani PRO they also told same .
if your news right then its good we can try from other sponsor who get visa and NOC is valid
but please conform that
i want need this because my brother i want get NOC from present company to bring in other sponsor visa

Thank you Mr Sumitran for the reply. I shall inform my friend as according.
Rgds

Mr sumitran!

Here kindly confirm me
Is both companies ( old/new ) representative must present at Rop for Noc authentication statement.at same time or one by one they can present and sign the paper ??kindly confirm me here I am confused.
thanks

Hi W783, CKAN, khanoman780, and all those of you who are also confused about the NOC Rules ...

I am well aware of the immense confusion prevailing over the NOC rules and regulations.

Unfortunately, things are rather fluid. And I doubt if anyone would be able to give you clear-cut answer to your query.

I quote below two news items which were published in the Times of Oman of February 03, 2016, and the Oman Daily Observer of Tuesday 19th, January 2016.

Perhaps it might help clear the air.

Quote :

Royal Oman Police aims for clarity over No Objection Certificate
February 3, 2016 | 1:55 PM By Times News Service

Muscat : Weeks of confusion over the fate of the No Objection Certificate (NOC) and what expat workers need to do to switch jobs has prompted the Royal Oman Police's Director General of Passport and Residences to step in and issue much-needed guidance.

Brigadier Hilal Al Busaidi, Director General of Passport and Residences, yesterday posted a long statement which specified that a business owner or an ‘authorised representative' of the company must present themselves at the Directorate of Passport and Residences to confirm they have no objection to an expatriate returning to work in a different company in the Sultanate.

Concern expressed

A number of expats as well as PROs of companies had expressed concern in recent weeks after returning from the Directorate of Passport and Residences for not being allowed to join a new company, despite having the NOCs.

Some even arranged the presence of PROs of former companies and their counterparts of the new employer at the same time, but failed to secure the clearance.

Yesterday, Brigadier Al Busaidi, stated that the decision to clear the confusion was taken after issues were reported over the processing of NOCs, and to tackle false NOC claims and to adhere to the current law that is in place.

Last month the Times of Oman reported how the enforcement of two-year expat ban rule had become stricter in Oman and that sponsors were expected to come in person to the immigration office to sign the NOC for approval by the ROP.

“The Article 11 of the Residency Law still remains as it is and it states that a work visa will not be issued to the expatriate who has previously worked in the Sultanate for two years after the date of departure,” Brigadier Al Busaidi said, in a statement on the
ROP website.

While all welcomed the Brigadier's statement, some still had concerns over the impact on the new enforcement of regulations.

“It is great news as there is a great clarity from a top official of Royal Oman Police,” said Thasleem Khan, CEO and managing partner of Intelligent Parking and Elevator Company.

Faisal Al Wahibi, an HR manager of a private firm, said that it would be tougher for expats now to change jobs in Oman.

“Very few company representatives will be interested in giving much of their time for people who are already leaving their companies,” said Hussian Al Rabbhi, a PRO of a private firm.

Visas for women

With regard to issuing of work visas for women, Brigadier Al Busaidi said there is no strict criteria in place, except with regard to regulating the visa depending on the type of work.

“Some jobs are not in tune with the gender of the individual,” said Al Busaidi.

He added that the Directorate General of Passport and Residences must find a balance when implementing the expatriate workforce in the Sultanate with regard to the situation when dealing with visas. Visit visas too will be granted as normal according to the law governing the category. Women can apply normally like anyone else.

Expatriates who want to work in the Sultanate can apply for family joining visas if they fulfil the criteria, especially if the expatriate is working as a doctor, engineer or lawyer or anything fitting that range of work, as well as technical jobs, such as mechanics and electricians. However, the expatriate's salary must not be less than OMR600.

Wives of expatriates as well as their children are eligible for family joining visas. Parents of the expatriate too can apply for the family joining visa given that one or both of them are dependent on them and cannot take care of themselves. Visit visas can be issued to other relatives as per the laws in place. Al Busaidi further said, “Everyone can refer to the Royal Oman Police's official site to get details about the tourist visa, apply, and easily pay the fees online depending on the type (of visa) according to the law.”

Tourists may then receive the visa-on-arrival at ports, land borders, or the airport.

Al Busaidi said there are two types of tourist visas: a one-month visa which costs OMR20 and can be renewed for the same amount; and a 10-day visa costing OMR5 which can also be renewed for the same amount.

Meanwhile, companies will have to pay a sum of OMR 20 for issuing temporary work visa, according to a circular released recently by the ROP.

The circular issued by Hassan bin Mohsin Al Shariqi, General Inspector of the Police and Customs, stated that under the new law, the ROP will charge OMR 20 for issuing a temporary work visa.

This has come into effect since January 25, 2016.

From January 1 this year, the ROP began charging companies OMR20 to process new visas, or renewals, for all expatriate workers. Earlier, the service was free, with fees only charged for family members of expats.

Unquote.

Find below, another news item from the Oman Daily Observer, published on Tuesday 19th, January 2016 / 23:22.

Quote :

Job change is still possible with NOC

CLARIFICATION: Additional rules set for expatriate job transfer –

Vinod Nair/Kabeer Yousuf –
Muscat –

Jan. 19: Expatriates in Oman can change their job if representatives of both the companies are present at the Royal Oman Police (ROP) office, with the old employer confirming that there is no objection to the release of the employee.
Speaking to the Observer, Maj Rashid bin Sulaiman al Abri, Public Relations Department, ROP, said: “Reports that are being circulated in the media are not fully correct.”

He said new regulations introduced from January 1, 2016, require the presence of authorised representatives from both sides to attest that they have no objection to the release of the employee from one sponsor to the other. “This decision comes in the wake of several instances of ‘fake' NOCs being submitted to the police.”

Al Abri said, “These regulations should be taken positively as part of the efforts to streamline the job market and meet the requirements of the industry. It ensures the rights of both the employees and their employers.”

He added, “There are exemptions with regard to certain categories of professions, which are considered judiciously by the immigration officials as per the requirements.”

Al Abri said there are exemptions as visa clearances for certain categories may be in the suspended list.

According to sources, this new move, in pursuance with the Article 11 of Immigration Law pertaining to it, is in the wake of the fact that many employees are taking this facility for granted and are availing some top officials' signature on the NOCs and getting their sponsorship transferred easily.

As per this law, “Expatriate employees have to exit the country once he/she ceases to work in Oman, but can return to work with a new employer, if he/she has the NOC from the same organisation.”

Most residents of Oman have welcomed this clarification on the part of the ROP, and said that it has helped settle some doubts.

“Sad part is that we still need an NOC for changing jobs in Oman, but there is no blanket ban,” said an expatriate in her Facebook post.

Some posts went on to add that a few rotten apples are making life difficult for the rest.

Article 11 of the Foreign Residence Law states that “For two years it is prohibited to grant entry visa for foreigners workers, who have previously worked in Oman. From the date of last leaving, a foreign national who has been employed in an Omani company will not be granted an entry visa for two years from the date of the last leaving, and the Inspector General may make an exception for such period in the case of public interest.”

Since this has come into force, a foreign national can now also change his employer within Oman, provided, he obtains a “no objection letter from his previous employer addressed to the new employer.”

Unquote.

Thanks  Mr sumitran.Got it