Close

Queen Preparing to Bail-Out?

http://cdns.yournewswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/queen-robing-room-900x350.jpg

Queen Elizabeth stunned BBC production staff yesterday while preparing to deliver the Queen’s Speech at the State Opening of Parliament, hinting that she is planning to abdicate the throne and flee the UK, a BBC insider claims.

‘One is making the necessary preparations to abandon ship,’ Her Majesty said. ‘A violent storm is coming, the likes of which Britain has never seen.

Not sure whether to treat this totally seriously or not. Brits are welcome to comment.  :unsure

More here >> Queen Elizabeth Reveals She Is Ready To Flee Britain

If she really said this (which I doubt), it is a major case of overassessment: Whether Britain leaves the EU will have only minimal impact on world politics - and no influence on anything that might cause another world war!
Maybe at 90 years of age, her thinking isn't as sharp any more as in younger age? These things happen, after all.
However, she of course has the right to abdicate at any time and for any reason she likes - and as British citizen she can freely settle anywhere in the EU (BEFORE Brexit!).

As I understood you'll be the Queen ( or King) until you die.

beppi :

Whether Britain leaves the EU will have only minimal impact on world politics

I'm unsure that's accurate.
Britain leaving the EU will be pretty massive in many ways, including leaving a massive hole in EU finances that could leave Greece in far deeper trouble than it is at the moment.
Aside from things of that nature, there's growing nationalist extremism in several countries; the UK doing a runner would be valuable political ammunition for them.

That's before the "Woman scored" factor that is very likely in some quarters.

This forum is no place for political opinions, so I won't state mine at all, but the likelihood is for massive change to the world, especially the dynamics of politics within Europe, but also large changes in where money moves around the world as trading relationships are renegotiated.

Yes, UK leaving the EU would have massive economic impact, but that does not mean war. Europe is and still will be a peaceful contributor to world issues.

Well, if she still has two halfpennies to rub together I imagine she would be welcome to move to Switzerland.  ...And a chance for her to practice the language of her ancestors. :)

War is possible, but whoever starts it would have to be shockingly stupid.

Fred :

That's before the "Woman scored"; factor that is very likely in some quarters.

Fred, there may be a typo there. A woman who scores is much less dangerous than one who's scorned!

(I'm trying to be funny. I assume it was a typo.)

Gordon Barlow :
Fred :

That's before the "Woman scored"; factor that is very likely in some quarters.

Fred, there may be a typo there. A woman who scores is much less dangerous than one who's scorned!

(I'm trying to be funny. I assume it was a typo.)

With some success as you made me smile.

It was a typo, but that detail doesn't make it any the less true.
To the grammar; "a woman scored" suggests a man has done the scoring, and realising that she was just an object to provide satisfaction might well make her less than happy.

That 'woman' would be reversed from a European country to the UK if the UK nationalist movement were to look at it. Their opinion seems to be something about the EU using the UK as a sex object (I'm trying to be subtle, not too bad for a lad from Barnsley).

Some French politicians have been quoted as a woman scorned could be expected to comment.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu- … m-35712463

That's a threat, regardless of your opinions regarding membership.

A britex (I prefer my own made up word - tough if anyone wants the other dude's made up "Brexit") is very likely to cause problems as the UK's EU membership is one of the few things holding Spain back from Gib, and that membership has only slowed them down, not stopped them.
Then we come to fishing, illegal fishing, and who decides what's legal.
There goes an argument that's very likely to cause serious issues.

Whilst I will refrain from offering any opinion either way as far as britex is concerned, the UK jumping ship will very probably cause major issues, a lot of very naughty words, and open the possibility of conflict as time goes by.

Of course, as far as expats moving within the EU as it stands at the moment are concerned, britex could well be life changing if immigration rules change, however you'd have to be crazy to think governments will give a flying rats about people and personal difficulties.

Top Ten Least Likely Places Where the Abdicating QE2 Will Re-Locate Due to Britain’s Exit or Brexit from the EU

10.  South Side of Chicago

9.  Caracas, Venezuela

8.  Patagonia

7.  Mumbai, India

6.  Belfast, Northern Ireland

5.  Kabul, Afghanistan

4.  Lake Titicaca

3.  Little Havana, Miami

2.  Flint, Michigan

And the #1 Least Likely Place the Queen Will Move Due to Brexit....

1.  Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

She should move to Thailand; lots of very nice British expats here to associate with.

bkk tea blog :

She should move to Thailand; lots of very nice British expats here to associate with.

Jolly good thinking, old boy. :top:

She and Philip may also have a lot in common with Rama IX, who has been king of Thailand since 1946, six years before Elizabeth was crowned.

In fact, the people of Thailand will observe their revered monarch's 70th anniversary as king in a matter of days -- June 9, 2016.

Just think of the photo-op as Rama IX welcomes Elizabeth and Philip to Bangkok for the start of her post-abdication life in the Kingdom of Thailand. :)

cccmedia

I've got a horrible feeling that the Queen enjoyed her breakfast this morning and I also bet it wasn't a "Continental" one.  ;)

El_Jost :

I've got a horrible feeling that the Queen enjoyed her breakfast this morning and I also bet it wasn't a "Continental" one.  ;)

I'll bet the corgis got an extra sausage, but not a German one (Irony alert).

The Queen departing the scene...

https://magazin.spiegel.de/EpubDelivery/image/title/SP/2016/26/520

Expatriate health insurance

Free advice and quotation service to choose your expat health insurance

Save on your moving costs

Get free quotes from international moving companies. Compare prices and services.