Irish girl in Vendee

Hey,

I'm Nicola and I recently moved to France in the vendee region. I'm from a small town in Co. Roscommon and moved here with the hope of learning French.

I would love to be able to meet up with people who are in or have been in the same boat as me and share or experiences over some coffee, beer or lunch or maybe even just to hang out.

Hello, Nicola - we have been living in Vendee since retiring in 2004! We live in Commeqiuers near Challans...if you wish to get in touch you can see us on F/B . I'm Terry Kendellen (originally Dublin ) and my wife is Carole who is English ( tho' I don't hold that against her lol!)she is a French teacher and I have a few students for English.  Hope you will be very happy here.  I also do research on the Irish diaspora in Brittany - mostly in the archives In Nantes..feel free. Best wishes,  Terry.

Hi!

My name is Marianne and I'm an English teacher living in the Basque country. I'm looking for Irish friends as I have a very strong connection with Ireland.
It seems that there aren't many Irish people on this website so even if we don't live in the same part of France, you can get in touch!

Marianne

Hello ,

Hi Henry  :cheers:

Thanks for your message. Of course we could get in contact but I'm new on this so still trying to figure out how this website works.

Does anybody know how to send a private message?

Lilly6475 wrote:

Hi Henry  :cheers:

Thanks for your message. Of course we could get in contact but I'm new on this so still trying to figure out how this website works.

Does anybody know how to send a private message?

Click on the member's photo or name and there you will be able to send a private message.

Thank you  :top: That's what I did but I got this message:
"Restricted private messaging
Sorry! You cannot send more private messages at the moment. This feature is currently under restricted usage.

Please try again later."  :unsure

Hi
Did you receive my full message with my mobile phone number?

Cheers

Henri

Henry42 wrote:

Hey marianne. I am from county wicklow in Ireland but currently living in Saint etienne here in France. I would be happy to get to know you and chat. We can share experiences and discuss life in general. Send me your contact details if you want. Take care. Henry

Hi Henry,

I tried to send you a private message but there seems to be a problem, so here is my email adress if you want to keep in touch:

XXX

Happy new year to everyone! Hope 2021 is better than 2020  :D

Bonne Année!!

Moderated by Julien 3 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct