Close

How do I get certified copies of documents?

I need certified copies of my land documents from a Notary. Do I need to find a Notary & make an appointment to see them to get the copies or is this something done by the staff of the Notary's office on a walk in & wait basis. Any ideas anyone? I dread trying to make Notary appointments!

Notaries typically can do this on walk-in basis, might have to come back later in the day to pick them up, but it should not be terribly painful.

Thank you. That's a relief. It's a nightmare out here in the provinces even finding a Notary or staff in the offices who admit to speaking English. My Romanian's improving but I find they just smile & shrug their shoulders which is very frustrating. Think i'll write what I need on paper & give it a go. cheers.

It should just be a "copie legalizat" ;)

What do you actually need, and what for? If it's an 'extrasul de carte funciara de autentificare' (for example, if you're selling the place) then I agree, the admin staff at the notarial office should be able to deal with it without specifically having a sit-down with the notar.

If it's just the 'extrasul de carte funciara de informare' (to prove you own the place to a perspective buyer, for example), you can get that yourself without going to the notar (although it'd still involve forms and dealing with people).

Maykal :

If it's just the 'extrasul de carte funciara de informare' (to prove you own the place to a perspective buyer, for example), you can get that yourself without going to the notar (although it'd still involve forms and dealing with people).

Just to add on to this useful advice, if this document is needed from OCPI, the application (cerere) can easily be found online and completed at home, and it costs 20 RON and is ready in 2-3 days, or 100 RON for urgent service.

If all is needed is in fact a certified copy, it usually runs < 5 RON a page at the notary.

Romaniac

Dear Robin&Sue,
Anyone can request for a legalized copy of the original notary document, in the condition to present the original document.
The only exception is to issue a certified copy of the documents which are in the archives of the notary office, copies which can be requested only by the parties, successors, representatives and third parties justifying a right or legitimate interest.

Best Regards

Expatriate health insurance in Romania

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Romania

Moving to Romania

Find tips from professionals about moving to Romania

Travel insurance in Romania

Enjoy stress-free travel to Romania

Flights to Romania

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Romania