Question Regarding non domiciled but resident tax wise

i am currently living in germany and plan to move to malta in 2017. I am self employed and earn money from my own websites worldwide. I read on some websites that you only pay taxes in malta on income/funds you transfer to Malta or that are earned in Malta itself. I will of course get a tax advisor when i come to malta but would like to clarify some things first. It will be easier for me to setup some stuff from my homecountry before i move.

1. Basicly what i would like to know is, if i can just own a company in some tax haven and give me a salary of 1500 Euro per Month or just transfer funds to malta and then legaly just pay tax on my 18.000 Euro Income in malta?

I have read everything i could find online about the non dom but resident stuff but i cant figure out if this works like this or if i am missing something. In germany the company would need substance in the offshore location meaning office and staff. Most websites write malta does not care, but i dont want any trouble obviously.

2. Do i need to pay public health care if i have full private health insurance? I want to get international health insurance so i can travel alot without having to worry.

4. When is the best time to look for a flat? (rent)

Hello Yves81 :cheers:

I invite you to read relevant articles in our Living in Malta guide while waiting for other members to share some infos :top:

I would wait for answers from expats already here and information from professional experts rather than go by the 'Living in Malta Guide' as there are many errors in it! (including tax information)

Contact one of the many, many, maaany tax lawyers/firms in Malta.

see that there are not many replies on your question so i will try to help....
first of all 18.000 eur per year is not very high budget for malta... decent but not high.
Forget about consultants, because they are not cheap!
Good solution may be for You to form a company here, and do even other businesses next to your existing one.
Prices for lets are always the lowest end of the year. Do a long let contract for 1 year, that is the best.
Good luck!

Hi, thanks for the answers, but its not exactly what i was looking for.

Of course 18.000 is just a fantasy number and if i need more i would bring in more. Also i want to travel alot, so i will only be 6-7 month in Malta.

Still cant find out if i can use any form of offshore company and operate it out of malta legaly. But i guess i need to pay some tax lawyer for an answer. Just thougt perhaps someone has the same problem already answered. :)

Some of us have. Each and every case is going to be different. Contact a tax lawyer - consultations are not expensive. What is expensive is "forming a company" without proper legal help like someone else suggested^

Yes as i sayed i will of course consult with a local tax lawyer but i like to be informed as much as possible before i pay money and esp. in the offshore company business you have to be extra careful regardless if it is a lawyer or not. A lot of shady stuff is going on there. I have done alot of research already.

Questions and answers about the tax system

Ask your question
pension tax
By carmadmalky
Will live in Malta but work for a foreign company
By Vegaanders
Tax in Malta
By Khalaurito
Tax refund when leaving Malta
By mantonas
Malta Tax
By JV321