Regarding House Break-in.
A just in article newspaper highlighting Two Issues:
- Foreigners staying long term in Indonesia and lack proper insurance coverage for immediate emergencies.
- The lack of safety and security in Indonesia in general, in comparison to neighboring countries.
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-up … 7d72d79b32
While the location is Bali, it could be any place really in Indonesia.
Close to Lebaran, Muslim New Year, there will be increasing break-in to houses. Do make sure your:
- gate or point of entry is secure and tall or with spikes not easy to climb on
- rubbish chute is secure
- any neighbor that is empty house is a potential to climb from
- back wall from neighbor behind your house is secure
- invest in cctv system
- consider adding alarm
- person house sit in when possible
NB: sticky finger when typing subject thread title, could not edit unfortunately now.