Close

Looking for Accomodation

Hi All,
I am planning to be in Belgium next month. Actually I would like to request you to please pass any information regarding to accomodation & its cost.
I am looking for :-
1) Near to Zellik or Edegem. Whichever has affordable price?
2) One separate room with WI-Fi.
3) Ready to share Kitchen & Bathroom.

Any guidance must be & much appreciated.

Cheers,
Satya Vrata Anand

Welcome to Expat.com Anand :)

I will suggest you also to post a customized advert by specifying your needs & budget range, on Brussels classifieds page, Category>Accommodation.

Warm Regards

Hi,

Edegem is very close to central Antwerpen(or Anvers as the French speaking call it) so if you find a suitable accomodation anywhere near central Antwerpen it would be OK too. I do not have suggestion right at Edegem and I do not know anything about Zellik which is close to Brussles!
Brussels is more expensive than Antwerpen in every aspect.

I have a couple of suggestions.
1- If you are ready to share an appartment register for free at appartager.be/
The site opens in French but you can choose English. You can also register for free and give details about yourself etc. and then get e-mails for something suitable to you.
If you are not yet in Belgium it might be a little more complex since they would like to contact you probably. But try it.

2-Another site you might try is immoweb.be/en/
Here also you can register for free and search for appartments.

Whatever you rent it is customary in Belgium that you put some kind of deposit/insurance equivalent to 1-2 months rent. You can either do it by closing such a sum in a bank or in another way. Be carefull not to give cash as guarantee....
It is difficult to find even a small accomodation in central Antwerpen for less than 600 Euros a month. Check what is included in that. It is clever to check WiFi. You do not have so many free WiFi places in Belgium.

A small, simple  but clean hotel which costs 45 Euros a night right at the other side of the Central Train Station in Antwerpen would be ETAP hotel: accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6192-etap-hotel-antwerpen-city-centrum-centraal-station/location.shtml
I stayed there for more than 1 month it is OK.
I am not promoting it but just keep in mind.

I hope that helps

Enjoy your stay

Expatriate health insurance in Brussels

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brussels

Moving to Brussels

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brussels

Travel insurance in Brussels

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brussels