Dealing with emergency situations in Serbia

Hello everybody,

Dealing with unexpected situations abroad can be a very difficult matter. In order to better help expats and soon-to-be expats in Serbia face such tricky situations, we invite you to share your advice and experience.

What are the key emergency numbers you should know by heart?

In the event of a legal problem, an accident, a natural disaster, an injury or the death of a close family member, what are the first things to do in Serbia?

What are the things to plan ahead in order to better cope with such unexpected situations (registration at the Embassy, transport, medical, comprehensive insurance for instance)?

If you have gone through such experiences in Serbia, do not hesitate to share your story.

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Thanks my question is: When a serious situation happened in Serbia while you are still a South African Citizen but living there already for 3.5 years and you are actually a state witness, what is my rights according to LAW? How can a state witness stays under the same roof as the accused where manipulation is 24/7. Why isn't the State Lawyer speaking with the state witness. How can a state witness tell the accused that the he must tell the witness to take her passport and fled the country. I am talking about myself. I also know the LAW I worked with the Police Service in South Africa and the law is not really different when it comes to things like this, so I don't understand this. I need my questions answered. You don't get answers no address where to send an e-mail, so what steps must I take to resolve this. Please can you answer me on this one.
Kind Regards
ALET

Hi Priscilla why cant anybody answer me or giving advise.

Hi Alet,

Priscilla is a member of the Expat.Com team, here to guide you through the different sections of the website.

Your questions are technically law related. Moreover they are specific to South African nationals, this may be the reason your queries have not been answered yet. Have you contacted your embassy already so that they may refer you to a lawyer who surely will shed the light on the situation ?

I hope you get some advice soon.
Bhavna

Thankyou so there is nowhere that I can google to get answers or I don't even have a SA Embassy number in I think Hungary? I did send an email but it came back which I found the address on Google
Kind regards
Alet