Dealing with emergency situations in Saudi Arabia

Hello everybody,

Dealing with unexpected situations abroad can be a very difficult matter. In order to better help expats and soon-to-be expats in Saudi Arabia face such tricky situations, we invite you to share your advice and experience.

What are the key emergency numbers you should know by heart?

In the event of a legal problem, an accident, a natural disaster, an injury or the death of a close family member, what are the first things to do in Saudi Arabia?

What are the things to plan ahead in order to better cope with such unexpected situations (registration at the Embassy, transport, medical, comprehensive insurance for instance)?

If you have gone through such experiences in Saudi Arabia, do not hesitate to share your story.

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Iqama matters,

Its my third time to come to work in the Kingdom. I already have records in Jawazat. But still have a mistake on my Iqama. My name that was written in English is different with my name that was written in Arabic.

When I tried to open a bank account, they told me to go to Jawazat to correct my name.

1. Try to keep your Iqama always with you no matter what happen, don't step out w/o it.
2.  If you got vehicle accident (if it's small crashes on car), try to adjust both of you, if you wait for traffic police (Maroor) to call and come, prepare your self then to spend whole day on road.
3. If you got married with different nationality person, keep a copy of marriage certificate with you unless your wife Iqama not transfer to your name.
4. Try to check your Iqama names if it's correct as in Engilsh and Arabic, if it's not same you can face problems to process your documents in any govt. field.
5. Keep Fire extinguisher at your home, because Emergency Fire Services is very slow in KSA. (Base on my personal experience).
6. Don't fight with Saudi Nation (girl/guy) even you are right on your side, because police is not going to listen you at all and you will be in big trouble, (base on my personal experience).
7. Don't accept any Credit card (Before knowing their policies) from any bank either they said it's free of charges, totally lied, because every Credit card have annual fee, and it will Debit to your Credit card every year.
8.  Don't ever go to labor office without Saudi Layer (Mandoob), because they will not listen you at all (base on my personal experience).

etc....lot's more but cant' explain at all, only one word try to write once you do any agreement here and keep that copy with you and give a copy to 2nd party. i am sure it's can help you in future.

Try to have AidMaid on your phone for all emergencies.  www.aidmaid.net