Wanting to move to manila,but need some questions answered first

i live in the u.s.a. now
i have a girlfriend(from manila) that lives with me here in the u.s.
i am trying to find out the conditions that need to be met so that we can move to manila,and for her to collect my social security after i die.
  sorry for the very broad picture,but i would appreciate if any expat in the Philippines could help me with any info regarding my situation.

belayit wrote:

i live in the u.s.a. now
i have a girlfriend(from manila) that lives with me here in the u.s.
i am trying to find out the conditions that need to be met so that we can move to manila,and for her to collect my social security after i die.
  sorry for the very broad picture,but i would appreciate if any expat in the Philippines could help me with any info regarding my situation.

Hello Belayit,

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but as for her collecting on your SSA account after you die.  Unless you were married before you began your SSA and you meet the so many years of marriage before your retirement, then there is no way she can get survivor benefits after your death.  I looked into it after I married here in the Philippines, but was told she did not qualify because we had not been married before I started collecting my SSD in the USA.  If you remain in the USA, then there may be a possibility that she could get benefits after you pass, but I am not sure on that.  My wife just had a baby here in the Philippines and we are waiting for SSA to qualify her for benefits till she is 18yo, but it is a slow process.

Hope this helps, private email me if you have any further questions.  TC RAC

thanks for your quick response .
i just turned 59,so i have a few years to go before i can collect s.s.
I will probably end up seeking an immigration lawyer to get all the info i need since my situation is somewhat complicated.
I am also watching for election results here in the U.S.and the P.I. to see what the political climate will be like on both sides of the pond.
I just want to lay on a nice beach and read a good book!!!!!

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed - please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

i think your post was not allowed since you are.probably trying to sell me something. ..we already own two properties in manila area

ok sir i understand if someone wants to live here in the philippines maybe you can reffer me. thank you sir..  👍