North Coast Battery Back Up recommendation

Anyone know of a reputable north coast person/company to get a quote on a battery back up system for our house?  Deep cycle batteries only?

Bob will be in the know on this.

Boy I really don't know anyone specifically for batteries but you might contact Dolfy who does a lot of electric work and solar as well. He is in Sosua.  Here is his email
Sosua Satellite: sosuasatellite[at]

Let me know if he cannot help or send you  to someone who can

Bob K

Good idea Bob,  thanks.   And if anyone has a recommendation help us out here.

You are welcome.  7 more days and finally home again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys...(thought I replied to this already weeks ago...LOL)  Bob K, have you ever tried importing batteries via CPS (since weight isn't the issue with Maritime shipping...I know there would be a 18% tax...but, true deep cycle batteries seem much much cheaper here in U.S.??)  Somewhere in there is a question...

Importing -  run the costs and see if it is worth it. AND you will have no guarantee once you ship.   My guess is there will be very little value difference and you will have to wait how long for shipping?

It would be interesting though to know the price differences once everything is calculated.

Also remember each shipment has to have a value of less then US 200 or you also pay duty!!!

Well, if we go that route...I will definitely post about it.  The batteries we are finding in DR are not really deep cycle...gotta appease the better half who is a perfectionist...

So what do they cost In the USA?

If you are on the DR1 board there is a guy (windeguy) who knows a lot about batteries.

If not let me know if interested and I can dig out his contact info

Bob K

Questions and answers about the Dominican Republic

Ask your question
Are you happy in Dominican Republic?
By Priscilla
Temporary Resdidencia - first steps!
By planner
Road from Ciabo Airport to Las Terrenas
By Travelove
Healthcare in Dominican Republic
By Julien

Expatriate health insurance in Dominican Republic

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Dominican Republic

Moving to the Dominican Republic

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Dominican Republic

Travel insurance in Dominican Republic

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Dominican Republic

Flights to the Dominican Republic

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Dominican Republic