Finding short term/temporary accommodation

Hi

When you moved to Malta, where/how did you find the initial temporary accommodation for a few weeks while you hunted for your long let?

I've posted an ad on the accommodation page too but I'm interested to hear how others have gone about it.

The agent I asked just suggested a hotel or holiday let. However, we are not keen on a hotel and there isn't much available on airbnb, tripadvisor, home away etc.

We're moving at the worst time (July) and would prefer to be staying in, or very close to Attard/Balzan/Lija as this is the area we want to live in. That way we will be close by for viewings, can get to know the area and can ask around locally about long lets too.

My new employer is asking around too but any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Also do you think two weeks temp accommodation will be sufficient?

Thanks

Fi

Hi!

Two weeks were sufficient for us, but we came in February to look for a flat... Staying in the area you want to find your long-term flat is definitely sensible.

We used airbnb, but I figure there's not much available in high season...

Gotta go now, I'll have to catch a flight to Malta tomorrow morning :)

Bernie

Lucky you, it is freezing in Scotland! Ok, maybe I am exaggerating as it is just cold today, but at the weekend it was literally snowing.

I am very jealous, I can't wait to join you in Malta!

Thanks for your reply :)

Get in touch feline - sure we can help you out

felinefine81 wrote:

Lucky you, it is freezing in Scotland! Ok, maybe I am exaggerating as it is just cold today, but at the weekend it was literally snowing.

I am very jealous, I can't wait to join you in Malta!

Thanks for your reply :)

When I left for the airport this morning it was only 4 degrees in Austria, too..

As an update for anyone looking for helpful info...

The agents couldn't help with temporary accommodation. I got zero responses to the ad i posted on the rental page on this website. Hotel accommodation was very expensive during July so that wasn't a option.

My new employer suggested a couple of apartment rental places in Sliema/Gzira... I didn't look into them as we didn't want to stay in that area, but I can share if anyone is interested.

There wasn't a huge amount available on the holiday rental websites either, but I did find something acceptable on Airbnb in the end.

We've booked for two weeks and now we just have to hope and pray that we find permanent accommodation in our preferred areas during that time!

All the best to others looking :)