Patience, Patience, Patience

I love my life here in CR but being from the hustle bustle of metro Ca. I find it hard to slow down even after 3 years here and being in my 60s. My biggest complaint is infrastructure . I have lived in several countries and feel its time to move on.

Hi hknbass,

What is the country you would like to move to and why? :)

As you have lived in several countries, please feel free to share your expat experiences with us.

Thanks,

Priscilla

I think it would be helpful if you posted about what specific things are bad about the infrastructure in Costa Rica, if the moderator will allow it.

There is truth in what you say about the pace being quite slow here. One does need patience and one needs to accept that things are not always done with the expertise/quality/care and SPEED we have come to expect in our previous experience.

I find that the hardest thing for me to accept here is the way people drive and the way pedestrians and drivers have no respect for "the road". This is in part due to infrastructure but more to do with cultural attitudes.

It is sometimes downright dangerous to drive here due to the way people drive and walk here.

So one needs patience, but also one needs to accept that there is a different mind at work (or not at work) here that is very strange and hard for many of us to accept.

I've found that some other forums will drive people away from them for posting "negative opinions" about Costa Rica. I have property for sale here yet I would not want anyone to buy from me and then discover Costa Rica is not for them. Therefore I prefer to be honest about both the good AND the bad of Costa Rica, not sugar coat it or look at it only through rose colored glasses. Forums that shun all "negative posts" - the one I'm thinking of is from a major residency association - are not being honest, and not allowing honest views imho.

I, for one, think some negative opinions are realistic and good in giving a balanced view. If one posts only negative stuff then that's another story.

So I would like to hear the specific reasons why you are leaving Costa Rica and also where you are moving to and why you think it is better.

I have 2 homes here and was planning on building another but have decided to sell and move out.Several reasons to leave and stay but I am a perfectionist and tho i am 64 years old and still pretty perky and do drive a little fast when allowed i have lost 1 of the most important  things. PATIENCE ! I will probably go back to Thailand. Puckett is a great place to live and health care , labor as well as some housing are  cheaper than hear for sure. Besides have you looked at the roads and the trash these people throw just anywhere.see ya

hknbass wrote:

I have 2 homes here and was planning on building another but have decided to sell and move out.Several reasons to leave and stay but I am a perfectionist and tho i am 64 years old and still pretty perky and do drive a little fast when allowed i have lost 1 of the most important  things. PATIENCE ! I will probably go back to Thailand. Puckett is a great place to live and health care , labor as well as some housing are  cheaper than hear for sure. Besides have you looked at the roads and the trash these people throw just anywhere.see ya

So Thailand has better roads and is cleaner? I am surprised to hear that.
I have heard others say they like it there, though.
Is it easy to get residency in Thailand?