Water and electricity

Hi all.

Just had my first bill from my landlord. He won't let me speak directly with a utility company so I have to trust what he says. I live in a 2 bed flat just by myself.  Only really here for my days off. I have not used the air con or anything yet. He teLisa me I need to pay just over 60 euros for my first month. Does that sound about right? This includes a €10 metre fee and another €5 euro charge on top for the water but can't remember what he said this for. Just want to see if if what he is asking sounds correct and if not what I should do about it?

Sounds quite ok, did you take the meter readings when you moved in?

Go here https://mita.gov.mt/billsavings/  scroll down and enter the readings here.

Im living in 2 bedroom flat, and my consumption is approx 50 eur in winter, when no a/c is being used, and i have the residential cheaper tariffs.

Discuss with the possibility of form H (basicly you dont need any permission anymore from landlord to send this, but you need acc. nr etc)  that will give you access to cheaper rates.

Ask also what tariff you are,  etc

It is worth to join this FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/3714666 … 3/?fref=ts that can give you more advice etc

danbatch wrote:

Hi all.

Just had my first bill from my landlord. He won't let me speak directly with a utility company so I have to trust what he says. I live in a 2 bed flat just by myself.  Only really here for my days off. I have not used the air con or anything yet. He teLisa me I need to pay just over 60 euros for my first month. Does that sound about right? This includes a €10 metre fee and another €5 euro charge on top for the water but can't remember what he said this for. Just want to see if if what he is asking sounds correct and if not what I should do about it?

Standing charge for Electric on non-residential for one month is just over €10 and water standing charge just over €11. On residential with 1 occupant it is just over €5 for each one.
The actual ARMS bill calculator is at this link. (You do not need to enter an ID or account number to use it)

https://www.smartutilities.com.mt/wps/p … VAQ16h1Q!/

Also you can talk to ARMS direct, your landlord can't stop you! You may not be able to change anything but you can get info.

As for the Facebook groups, they do tend to have their own agendas and quite often, some of the info is quoting extremes to further those aims.

Ray

The link you provided is taking to the old one with wrong prices.

The correct one can be found from the link i gave, or clicking the correct link on the page you provided.

tempura wrote:

The link you provided is taking to the old one with wrong prices.

The correct one can be found from the link i gave, or clicking the correct link on the page you provided.

The link I have given is correct.
It is from the current ARMS website and the bill is calculated at the rates which applied on the dates of the meter readings entered in to the bill calculator. So if you use it for readings taken prior to March it will use the old prices and if the dates are after March it uses the latest current prices.

Try it with both links and you will get the same figure on post March dates!

The one you gave is for calculating the saving and gives comparative charges for pre March and post March prices.

Ray