Price of KITAP

Hi Ubudian

Thanks for your perspective and comments. Im hoping you can help me. I am ready to apply for a KITAP. Can you recommend a sponsor and agent?

Thanks

Tuwie wrote:

Hi Ubudian

Thanks for your perspective and comments. Im hoping you can help me. I am ready to apply for a KITAP. Can you recommend a sponsor and agent?

Thanks

Assuming you have the time, it's very easy to do yourself (if you're legally entitled to one).
That can save you a lot of money.

Hi Gwazulu,

I would like to thank you for sharing this information.

It brings me great relief as I will apply for my Kitap soon,, my wife is Indonesian, we live on Bali.

I would be most grateful if you can share any info you have, costs and timing ext.

Patiently awaiting your replay.
Sincerely
Robert

Dears,

Who know the agent can issue KITAS ? And how much the cost of it?

Thanks
je je

je1027 wrote:

Dears,

Who know the agent can issue KITAS ? And how much the cost of it?

Thanks
je je

No agents can issue KITAS/KITAP, but they can assist with the process as long as you are legally entitled to the document.
Even using an agent means at least one trip to immigration, and you will still have to provide all the required documents.

Cost varies depending upon the agent so shop around to see who charges what.

Robert sims wrote:

Hi Gwazulu,

It brings me great relief as I will apply for my Kitap soon,, my wife is Indonesian, we live on Bali.

I have absolutely no clue as to how much agents charge as I've always done it alone (save paying a guy to do a Jakarta run for me once).
The total cost to do it yourself is a few million Rupiah and it took me about two months to get it sorted out, but that was with the Christmas and new year break in the middle.

Assuming you've been married for two years or more, there should be little problem, but immigration may do a home visit (And ask the local RT/RW about you) in order to assess the validity of your application.
They're also very likely to check all aspects of your status including work permit, or work without a permit.
Assuming you have the free time, I'd go with doing it yourself rather than using an agent. Apart from the obvious cash saving, this allows the immigration officers to get to know you and that can save a lot of messing around later.

Hi Fred,

Yes, i mean can help me to process KITAS.

Do you have any reference of agent that i can use it?

Tks

Finding agents is easy.
All you need to do is pop along to the local immigration office and ask; you'll find one in about 30 seconds.

kitab its 3750000rp plus exit permet

New rules are making things harder for agents, and I like it.
I've just read one mega rip off site that claims to help expats, but at a cost of Rp40,500,000 for a KITAP.

Basically, watch out for serious overcharging.
It should also be noted, companies can't help you around the law regardless of how much you pay.

Guys how about Permanent residency , After 3 yrs i know we can apply for PR but does anyone have any of kind of experience with this , how positive is outcome, For a single with KITAP

after 5 hrs u can price its 10.000000rp

challiou rachid wrote:

after 5 hrs u can price its 10.000000rp

I'm guessing you mean the second KITAP after 5 years.
The total cost being Rp12.5 million.

If you're legally entitled to this and have the time, I recommed you do it yourself rather than use an agent.

yes thenk u im always do it my self :cheers:

Hi Geoff
Was the price of the kitas renewal only or does that inclued a merp ???
thanks

Who is your agent please...Thank you..

I just renewed my kitas for about two millions idr (The official charge), my indo wife did all the paper work, total 3 Trips to immigration office including the trip for final collection, we never use an agent, the process is quite simple as far as all the documents are complete and up to date. Regards,

I am going to Kitap this year and would like to do the process myself
I have been quoted RP40mill by an agent..if I do it myself what is the cost for the 5 year Kitap
Appreciate any help
Thank You

krispy3690 wrote:

I am going to Kitap this year and would like to do the process myself
I have been quoted RP40mill by an agent..if I do it myself what is the cost for the 5 year Kitap
Appreciate any help
Thank You

Assumi g you're legally entitled to a KITAS by marriage or whatever, the agent is about 35 million high.
The second word you say to him should be, "off".

u can whet your wief only 5 milione

I took these in immigration this morning so now you know how much the agent was overcharging.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3943/33577881112_538781bbe2_z.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2865/32891543414_7743bcba3f_z.jpg

The moral of this story is simple - A wife sponsored KITAS/P is normally very easy to do yourself and it'll save you the 35 plus million the agent was going to charge you for his services.

I'll leave you to choose the first word, but the second should be "Off".

Hello Fred
i would like to do my Kitap without an agent who wants to charge me RP40mill.....I am happy to take the documents to Jakarta myself and have them processed and bring them back to Bali to take to Immigration ect....on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult how would you rate doing my Kitas by myself.
Thank you

I just renewed my Kitas for the 4th year...so i have plenty of time to start  the process for my Kitap
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most difficult..how would you rate doing the kitap by myself
i am happy to take all documents to Jakarta and stay there until they are processed then bring them back to bali.
Appreciate any help you can give
Thank You

The agent is costly at best. Start the process with your local immigration.
If it's wife sponsored, usually pretty easy.

Hi,

Im looking at getting a KITAP in Tangerang (just outside jkta)... does anyone have a agent they could recommend?

7.5years working and Living here.

Thanks

Allan

As you must be with the agent on every visit he/she makes, you might as well do it yourself.
The staff at Tangerang are pretty good and very helpful so, if you're legally entitled to a KITAP, you'll get one.
The only advantage to an agent these days is they know the offices and post letter for you, but most tend to charge high for acting as a tour guide and postal service.
The first KITAP will probably require a trip to Serang but it's no real hassle and I can mark the office on a map and post it here.

Hello Fred
Thank you for your help,i am doing a retirement Kitap
I have balinese friends whom i have known for 11 years and they are happy to help me..ayu would come with me to the immigration in Jakarta to take the paperwork and then wait and bring it back to Bali....appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thank You
krispy

A visa, regardless of type, must be done at the area immigration office where you intend to live.
Any move to a new area requires you change immigration office.
Friends can help guide you through the process but you must be sponsored by an approved agency.

Hi
My KITAP is in process now and even higher; 65jt. I have been told if I change agency that I would then have to wait another 4 years to apply again as it's not allowed to just move to another agency.
Doesn't anyone know if that is actually the case? It's too late now but perhaps not when renewing.  Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

lightsron wrote:

Hi
My KITAP is in process now and even higher; 65jt.

That depends.
If it's retirement there could be issues if the agent tries to throw spanners into the works but anything else is bugger all to do with which agent you use.
As for 65 million, it's a crackpot price.

Which immigration office?

Yes it's a retirement KITAP. They have been my sponsor for the past three years. I don't think it matters which immigration office as you know most of it goes to the sponsors. I have been here for 20 some years and just now finally getting a KITAP.
They are one of the major sponsors for retirement kitap and recommended by the central immigration.
So I'm wondering isn't there some kind of regulations for these sponsors and who over sees that? I do know they have to be certified and some are tour and travel agents.

Regulation?

Yep, how much they can screw from customers regulates the price.
As Bali is extremely popular and they very probably all know each other, you have a hard one to cope with.
Shop around and see what happens with prices, then approach immigration and ask if you can change agents.
13 million per year is a lot when it should be 1 million/year.

price over 5 years deosn.t make sence at all...yer 1st Kitap is about the same as aKitas....do it yourself..give your self 2 months..and 2nd kitap is around 10 million which  does make sence..just get every thing they want on the forms...prices from agents is just stealing.cheers,

for info here are some official prices -) exemple of north Jakarta... .... https://jakartautara.imigrasi.go.id/?page_id=126

Sed,,,,can.t open the link ..I.ll try again in the morning..

I wonder if Kitaps r worth it..i.ve stayed on Kitases for over 10 years...and a friend now wants to come back from his Kitap to a kitas.they r making Kitaps   difficult...why..well it.s Indonesia..they just can..

The standard KITAP is only Rp3,500,000 for 5 years. KITAS, last time I checked was a bit below Rp2 million. So I think it is worth it financially and also to avoid the hassle of renewing each year. But the requirements this year have changed a little.

if u got a good agent u go to immigration once no documents,,,just get yer photo...and fingerprints.done

65 million is stealing!!!