Presentation of new members in Colombo

Welcome on Expat.com and in Colombo :)

We invite all the new members in Colombo and surroundings to present themselves in this discussion.

Are you living since some time in Colombo or immediate surroundings? Did you just arrive in Colombo?

What brought you to Colombo? What are your interests in life? Do you have any hobbies?

Thanks you for your presentation,

See you soon on Expat.com :)

Guess no one uses this welcome topic much :) But here goes, I'm soon to be working out there and I look forward to it. Since I still work in New Delhi and have had on occassion visited Colombo I know a lot of what to expect. It's just that outside of work I like to have some semblance of a life. That's where Expat.com comes in handy. So is there any kind of monthly meet up of all the Colombo members? I've been reading most of the posts but there appears to be no such events.

Welcome Tara! I'm new here myself. Both in Sri lanka and on Expat.com. It's amazing the people who are out there who are genuinely interested in helping each other cope with getting used to a new country. I'll tell you that it has renewed my faith in human kindness. Your idea for a meet-up sounds fab! There are some helpful souls on this forum who may be able to organize such an event. x x Syl

Hello All. I've been living in this country since 2003. Love the greenery and fairly unspoilt outdoors outside of Colombo. Srilanka is gorgeous, the people in rural areas are wonderful. Lots of fun outdoorsy options on weekends.

Hi all!!

I really hope it is not too late to meet everyone, as I have only recently arrived in Colombo!

Please feel free to drop me a line, as I will def do so (whenever the ExpatBlog powers that be decide to activate my account fully lol).

Hi

Sri lanka is a great country to stay in.You can get foods,cloths,travel,stay for a cheep price and have very nice beaches all around the country and waterfalls and mountains and you can visit lot of places from 7,8 days and people are very helpfull and your not feel alone then what else expat wanted !!!!!!

Lalith