Close

NEW FRIENDS IN VIENNA

Hello hello!

So I've been living in Vienna for almost two years and I actually find it very hard to make friends in Vienna, even as a 20-year-old party-lover! I have two really good friends - one of whom is moving away in May. I would obviously prefer to have a couple of good friends than a million fake friends, but I'd still like to make more friends. My friend who is staying in Vienna isn't much of a party-person these days, but we also love to do things like visit museums, concerts, sitting in Volksgarten, cooking, etc.

About me: I'm from Scotland, I'm 20 (as mentioned above) and Vienna is, by far, my favourite city. I've travelled a fair amount. I left school (and Scotland) when I was 17 to move to Mallorca with my mum and her fiancee. About a month later, I travelled to Massachusetts for three months, then all around Austria, the Netherlands, and back to Mallorca which led me to applying and finding a job in Vienna.
I'm definitely a 'people-person'. I'm always game to meet new people, for sure. I've been horse-riding since I was 8 so if there are any horsey people out there...

Feel free to post below so I can mingle with other expats.
Thanks yo!

Natalie

Hi Natalie I suppose my wife and I will be going through the same feelings and process when we eventually come over too. I have a lot of contacts on a busy motorcycle forum which keep me connected and we meet up as friends, my wife and I also do a lot of 'modern jive' in the uk and our social circle is massive from it. We will be doing similar when we get to Austria as I find its the best way of building 'good' friends and also it becomes a lifestyle. Eric

Hi Eric!

Thanks for the reply.
So you and your wife will be moving to Austria? When's that? :)
Sounds good!
I hope everything runs smoothly with y'all!

Natalie

Not for a long while as yet. Were doing a major refurb!!

Hey nat how are u i will come to vienna and i do not have some friends or a place to stay can u host me for a couple of days ?

Hey! My name is Becca and I am from Scotland as well!
I will be moving to Austria in August and am kinda worried about making new friends, as I won't know anyone there! I quite like partying too, but not sure how to make friends who share the same interests. Would you have any tips? :)

Becca

Hi Natalie!

I'm 23 and I'm from Vienna, Austria. We can meet up and go for a drink or a club if you want - I am not that girl who likes to go out every weekend but I'm sure we will have a lot of fun together! :)

Let me know if you are interested.

Hi ,

I am coming this weeknd to Vienna, would you like to join :)

Moderated by Bhavna 2 weeks ago
Reason : Unhelpful comment + Not in Vienna
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Questions and answers about Vienna

Ask your question
boobie
moving to Austria
By boobie
sanjeev05sh04
What would be monthly expenses to live in Vienna
By sanjeev05sh04
nj121286
How much is the cost of living in Austria?
By nj121286
puneetsw
puneetsw
Vienna : this weekend
By puneetsw
Enarkabul
rents for a single person
By Enarkabul

Expatriate health insurance in Vienna

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vienna

Moving to Vienna

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vienna