Self sufficient then switch to employed

Does any one know if my husband and I (he is Eu but I am not EU, however married 20 years-) take up residency as self sufficient then find after a while we would like to find a part time job either employed or self employed, would we be able to switch from self sufficiency to being employed or self employed.

We are in our early 50s so we may find we are not ready to give up work entirely.

Your replies will be appreciated.

Thanks

I am sure no one is going to worry about it, you are entitled to be here either way.
You would already have to register for tax purposes and I guess you would just have to inform the ETC and get a social security number.

Ray

i was wondering this as well, being both from a Eu country and being self sufficient ourselves how can you register to live there as they will want to know how you get your income (want they?) how can you register if you need a tax code etc.,and not working.

And can someone tell me as well what documents you would need to provide to register to become a resident Thank you

Thanks for reply.

BevMichelle wrote:

i was wondering this as well, being both from a Eu country and being self sufficient ourselves how can you register to live there as they will want to know how you get your income (want they?) how can you register if you need a tax code etc.,and not working.

And can someone tell me as well what documents you would need to provide to register to become a resident Thank you

You only need to show the authorities that you have the income, not where it comes from.

You just register for tax by filling in a form which can be found on line and submitting it to the tax office

As for documents required for residence application, you could always try the 'sticky' at the top of the forum, that is what it is there for!
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

Ray

Thank you