Close

Buying a TV in Brazil

Hi All,

I'm moving to Brazil soon and am wondering if I should buy a TV before going?

My current idea is to buy a monitor and get a set top box when I get there as I know there is a digital signal difference. Is this common practice?

This way I don't need to buy an expensive TV and I can keep the monitor if I ever move again.

People are also recommending I get an idea apple TV but I have a chrome cast and don't know if these would be any difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Budgi

You should do searches at this link for "electricity" and "appliance" to find out more as this has been discussed extensively on this forum:

http://www.expat.com/en/search/south-america/brazil/

Just from what little I know it's probably best to buy there (wherever you are going in Brazil), as the voltages vary from place to place:

http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricit … ry/brazil/

There are a few on line websites that have flats screen tv. I would price a tv and see what the differance is of that and a monitor  and the chrome cast is a definate for my friends in Brasil requested I bring one on my return for it is virtually impossible to find some electronics. Hope that helps. I look at Americanas.com for pricing some items , my lady friend in Brasil recently bought a 32 inch Smart TV.

Flat screen samsung smart TV is around R$2000 for 42" in any department store , if you are been so very lucky you can find 32" for R$1300 of LG brand , Philips or Samsung....
Ancorage ? ...My friend you must be living like in the TV show Northern Exposure up there!

RajPolywoglesh :

Flat screen samsung smart TV is around R$2000 for 42" in any department store , if you are been so very lucky you can find 32" for R$1300 of LG brand , Philips or Samsung....
Ancorage ? ...My friend you must be living like in the TV show Northern Exposure up there!

I was able to buy Samsung 32 for $R 1550.00 for I had to order it as the 32 Samsung Smart is very popular, due to order of TV it cost more for the in store price was around $R 1450.00 yet non were available and Northern Exposure was filmed in Washington State (kkkkk) yet we do have unfriendly Moose (kkkkk). I see now if I would have waited the price of a 42 is about $R 1550.00. I bought the 32 to soon my friend (kkkk) Where are you shopping to pay R$ 2000.00 or did you buy to soon/lol
take care and it was nice comparitivly shopping with you.

Ah really friend , it was filmed in Washington , I am oh so very disapointed now as I was dreaming about a life in the Alaskan Wilderness and hanging out with Chris Stevens and Dr Fleishman :(

Luckily I did not Buy a TV yet due to lack of Funds but I am a looking in the Extra and the Carrefour just the other day .....this was to pay over 24 months , maybe if you buy cash it's cheaper

Expatriate health insurance in Brasilia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brasilia

Moving to Brasilia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brasilia

Travel insurance in Brasilia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Brasilia

Flights to Brasilia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Brasilia