Live and work in Hoi An

Hello everybody,
my name is Silvia and together with my husband (Matteo) I am planning to live and work in Vietnam for 1 or 2 years (or more perhaps).
We are both Italians but we live in London for the last 8 years.
We speak really good English as well as Italian.
I am writing because we are looking for a job opportunity in Vietnam and I hope someone will be able to help us .
We would like to live and work in a small but touristic city/village like Hoi An, Da Nang etc...
I work in the Travel industry for more than 8 years. I covered various roles such as Reservation Agent, Destination Expert and I have been working as Sales Executive for more than 2 years. I am looking for a suitable job in Hospitality/Tourism (Hotels, Inbound Tour Operator/Travel Agency etc..)
My husband Matteo is an amazing Sous Chef that has been working in the Food industry for more than 8 years. He cooks Italian/French as well as International food for the Managing Directors of big Corporations based in central London. He is looking for a suitable job as a chef in Hotels/Resorts or restaurants.
We will be leaving London by mid September and we will be able to work immediately if need to.
Alternatively we will travel through South East Asia for few months until a suitable opportunity will became available for us in Vietnam.
I hope to hear from someone soon.
Thank you for now.
Silvia & Matteo

You could try some of the work recruitment sites like Vietnam Works. If you can speak good,clear English , it might be worth your while doing a Tesol or Tefl course in London and pick up some English teaching work here.

Silvia, please avoid copy and paste postings on the forum  :thanks:

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Sorry Romaniac.
There are few places we are interested to live and work and I just wanted to make sure my post was visible in the correct forum.
Silvia

Not sure about the work situation, but I would avoid living and working in Hoi An.I have biked all over Southeast Asia.Never have I encountered a place where the locals are as single-minded as in Hoi An.Although the town is a gem, the people seem to have only one goal in mind , to squeeze as much cash out of tourist as they possible can.

Dear Silvia,
You might want to check out Limoncello restaurant in Da Nang as well as Good Morning Vietnam restaurant in Hoi An.  Both are run by Italians and have excellent food.  I leave it to you to Google the websites for each.  Best of luck.  I'm American, but I think that Italian food is the universal comfort food!

Thank you for your reply and I will definitely check them out on Google.
And Thank you for supporting the Italian Food!! :):)