Manual Motorcycles

Hello all,

So I am new here and I noticed they have some bigger cc motorcycles here.

1. Good location/website to look for prices to buy/rent/lease one.
2. Is a DL required to ride one I have heard if your foreign they usually don't bother you.
3. If there is already a post about this please point me in the right direction.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Drop advert in Classifieds section ( under Handy tools )
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello K.Satt87 :cheers:

I invite you to check out our classifieds section : Motorbikes for sale in Ho Chi Minh City

Browsing the forum section Cars Ho Chi Minh City, Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City will help you gather relevant informations.

This article from our guide may also help: Driving in Vietnam

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

..so if you are still confused..?   (as most of us are)

Your question No. 2 is both correct and what you have heard is equally true...

Thank you I will check it out when I get the time.

If you dont have a drivers license and have an accident, you will be in a lot of trouble. Don't believe everything you hear, cops do sometimes stop you, especially in places like Mui Ne and Vũng Tau.

1. there is no renting as far as I know for big bikes. There are some forums where people sell their bikes like north has PKL.VN, or http://www.bikervietnam.com/forums/ in facebook you can find some too.
Plus, keep in mind that GTHL means fake papers, and while there are some really good ones and bad ones. If they stop you and find out they can take your bike and later resell it with real papers ;)
HQCN are real papers.

just remember that there are some 650 and 400cc rentals in Hanoi, and this tour company has office in HCMC too
Flamingo Travel, http://www.flamingotravel.com.vn/rentals/

2. Yes, it is required.. A2 license.. and yes, it is true that in cities they really don't bother you, but outside of cities they do and will try to stop you, and usually they will let you go after they realize they can't communicate with you.

3. I don't know.. ;)

colinoscapee wrote:

If you dont have a drivers license and have an accident, you will be in a lot of trouble. Don't believe everything you hear, cops do sometimes stop you, especially in places like Mui Ne and Vũng Tau.

Very True. Also Liability Insurance is also very important and complicated if you are not the vehicle owner.

I believe that for some countries, Viet Nam allows a 30 day validity of that Countries Driver's License for tourists. Also, new Driver's Licenses , like mine, are valid ASEAN wide and the new Driver's Licenses for ASEAN Countries are valid in Viet Nam. Liability Insurance is another subject

I asked a friend about Yamaha's YBR 125. $ 1,900 was her answer. A relible work horse, but then, the semi automatics are pretty marvelous for the price as well, JMHO.

There are ancient 250 cc enduros like the Honda XR for sale. But the prices are eye wateringly high. In Thailand, new 250s are inexpensive. But I don't know about riding on foreign plates.

amazing how many foreigners are riding around illegally. no helmet = no insurance. Also you must have a Vietnamese license or international license to the equivalent of what you are riding. for eg if you are riding a semi automatic you must have a license for at least a semi automatic in your home country which has been transferred to Vietnam or the valid license in Vietnam. How many tourists come here, buy a Honda Win and then hit the road thinking they are covered...one of the pluses is hospitalisation here is relatively cheap compared with western countries.