Close

DRC - rules of the game.

I have been living and working in the DRC for more than 3 years now!...

I came here on my own steam with my own vehicle, so no company to assist...looking back at all the stressful situations I delt with..and still dealing with to some extent...

the only advise I can give is first of all...look for some one high in the police department you can offer a gift to so you can call them when getting harassed by the road police...perhaps a bottle of whiskey or help someone in the family with school fees.....

it doesn't matter if your documents are in order they will still cause you problems and its a lengthy stressful experience every time and most days until you offer a small contribution to the police who get to know you on your daily route.....

perhaps 1000fc once a week or so will do the trick...and be nice..there salary are very low and there only trying to survive....

also..the Congolese  people are genuinely nice to deal with however..life is tough and it's really all about money to survive..so to gain respect whether it be false respect or not..

.put yourself in a position were YOU personally pay them...

not a third party or you will be constantly chasing your tale...good luck.

Thank you for this share Rondebari :top:

Expatriate health insurance in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Moving to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Travel insurance in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Flights to the Democratic Republic of Congo

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Democratic Republic of Congo

2 million members!

Watch later