I just open this subject to provide an opportunity to talk about what it was like to go house/apartment hunting in PR. Some suggestions to cover:
1) How long was your stay
2) Was this your first, second, or third trip?
3) Were you looking for a permanent place, a vacation home, an investment home and how much out of the year you expect to use it?
4) What sort of place were you looking for and what sort of place did you end up finding (house, condo, apartment)?
5) Did you use a realtor and if so what was the experience like of dealing with realtors in general, and with the realtor that helped you find the rights place, and what type of realtor (seller, buyer) you used?
6) Did you find something you liked and able to afford and if so, in what town?
7) What attracted you to that town?
8) If you found a place, what attracted you to that particular place?
9) Did you take the time to open a bank account with a local bank?
10) Did you get a local P.O. Box while in the island?
11) What would you have done differently now that you went thru it?
12) Would you recommend others to come look for a place in PR?
13) Are you keeping your current home in the states or are you planing on selling it?
Coming to the island is an adventure, lets share with others so they know what to expect.