Moving to Paraguay - residency visa question

Hi !  :)

I'm from Germany and plan to move to Paraguay (or Ecuador) at the end of 2016 or early in 2017.
I'm a skilled worker and started in the Summer of 2015 to learn Spanish.
In Paraguay i plan to work over the Internet for international customers.

I want to inform myself about what i need to get a residency visa in Paraguay.
Especially I'm interested in recent information about the requirements.
I informed myself already on german websites but i dont know how dated these info's are.

If my information's are correct then i need:

- a certificate of conduct from the local police
- a international birth certificate

I send that to the Paraguayan embassy in Germany.
They notarize the documents and send them back to me, then i can go to Paraguay.

There i take the documents to the "Migraciones" in Asunción and need to get some things done:

- certificate of health
- Interpol certificate
- photocopy of my travel passport
- loyalty oath of acceptance of Paraguayan law
- proof of solvency -> put $5500 on a local bank account

With that you get the "Admisión Permanente".
Now you can go to the "Identificaciones" and apply for the "Cédula".

Is this information correct ?
Did i miss something ?
Do you have any more information's for me about the whole process ?

Thanks for your help !

Hi, you will also need a BIRTH CERTIFICATE.  I was asked to get all of the documents translated into Spanish by a authorized translating business legally registered in PARAGUAY.  Also, the total cost of getting all this paper work is around USD $1,000.   This cost is forfeited if you are a partner of Paraguayan national (which may not be your case).

Finally, I find the bureaucracy in Paraguay a challenge to navigate and if you try to do it yourself, then there may be other obstacles and possibly some 'extra fees' to be have to be paid.  Better if you can get a local individual with experience doing this type of paper work to assist you in the process for a fee

Do not send anything to Paraguayan embassy in Germany. Get documents appostiled in Germany by German gov office. In some countries it is done by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, here is about Germany, google more: http://www.bezreg-koeln.nrw.de/brk_inte … index.html

egaray wrote:

Finally, I find the bureaucracy in Paraguay a challenge to navigate and if you try to do it yourself, then there may be other obstacles and possibly some 'extra fees' to be have to be paid.  Better if you can get a local individual with experience doing this type of paper work to assist you in the process for a fee

Hi !

While i already found legitimate looking residency/visa attorneys for other South-American countries haven't found any for Paraguay. But i have read lots of story's about fraud's and shady "attorneys".

So if anyone knows someone legitimate and trustworthy then please tell me or write me a PM.

Der Antrag für eine Aufenthaltsgenehmigung in Paraguay muss direkt bei der Generaldirektion für Migration (Dirección General de Migraciones) gestellt werden.

Folgende Dokumente müssen vorher allerdings in der Konsularabteilung der Botschaft von Paraguay in Berlin legalisiert werden (im Original   1 einfache Kopie):]

http://embapar.de/tramites-servicios/re … n/?lang=de

Translation:
"The following documents need to be legalized in the Paraguayan embassy in Berlin"

This is old info. Got to PY Migraciones site and check Hague convention.

Sorry I don't understand this.
I just had a conversation with the Paraguayan embassy in Germany and they told me I need to send the documents to them to get legalized before moving to Paraguay.

Generally google what Apostille Convention is and how it works and read this:

http://mersanlaw.com/2014/08/13/entrada … y/?lang=en

In July 10th, 2013, by means of Law No. 4987, the National Congress approved Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents – The Apostille Convention, signed in The Hague on October 5th, 1961. The exchange of ratifications with respect to this convention was performed on December 10th, 2013.

You should read  latest RADICACIÓN PERMANENTE requirements on Migraciones site:

Existen dos maneras de legalizar los documentos del país de origen:
1) Por visación otorgada por la autoridad local competente del Consulado Paraguayo y su posterior legalización en el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores del Paraguay.
2) Por legalización por el método de apostilla (vigente para los países suscriptos a la Convención de la Haya). El apostillado debe solicitarse en la institución autorizada del país de origen.

So you can go old way NO1 or NO2 way and Apostille of documents in your home country. NO2 will save you lots $$$ and additional hassles legalizing your documents first at local PY embassy, then re-legalizing them again at Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores del Paraguay.

Thanks for this information, I will investigate this further.

Another question:

Is the information still correct that you ONLY need the 5000$, no work contract and no periodic retirement income, correct ?

In the files send to me by the Paraguayan embassy I don't understand (although it's in German) if they try to say:

5000$ OR work contract OR periodic income

Or if they try to say:
5000$ AND work contract

To be clear, I plan to start a small single person business in Paraguay.

Can anyone provide me with the latest informations regarding that ?
Thanks !

There is not a lot to investigate. Get your original documents first, find gov. agency who does Apostille and you are done. In my home country Apostille is done by Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In your case read this http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/sid_010B … 4bodyText5

Look, go to PY Migraciones official site, download latest residency requirements and use google translate. It works well, trust me;) Is it so hard to do? And forget your local embassy site, info could be outdated.

Well using Google translator would be not the way I would want to get my informations.
Even the official documents send to me by the Paraguayan embassy are hard to understand... And they are written in my native language.
For example the thing with the "proof of solvency".
It's hard to understand what they try to tell you even in German...can imgine how hard it will be using Google translator.

The question remains, why would the Paraguayan embassy provide me with outdated informations ?

Why should I know why? Maybe they are lazy or do not give any F*****. Keep in mind not your local PY embassy will handle your residency application, so I would use just first hand source, Migraciones. I do not know why it is hard for you to understand. I used google translate and no problem with understanding. Maybe you should give it a try?

As far as I know bring 5000k in cash, go to Banco de Fomento, deposit 5000k and you are done with proof of solvency. But maybe something changed recently. I do not know.

Thanks A987 !

Do you currently live in Paraguay ?
In which year did you go through the residency procedure ?

No I do not live in PY and haven't got PY residency. Just planing planing... I have decided not to use any lawyer, just local translator as all process looks simple. Investigated a lot and the only question is how the best way to proceed with medical examination. Check forum, there is great step by step by a member (can't remember name) from 2013.

Hi !

Would be great if you could linke the step-by-step guide, i cant find it.

Is there anything complicated about the medical examination ?

Hi     
Stop losing    your time by   trying to undertand, everybody Will tell you différent things
Jean

Jean, sure why not if you want to get rid of 2-3K USD in an easy way for legs-hands work. I don't. Tell me in details about medical examination.

Wiggum, look member Gabtar posts.

Really... is J*** F*** still in business?   This is the guy who ripped me off last  year.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : the name of the person has been removed

I would be most interested to know what happened.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Wow
Thank you for this info.
We are on the process. I will wait for my cedula before commenting back to you. Again thank you

majbjb wrote:

The medical exam is very cursory.  They do lab work and a doctor exam, most doctors just sign off the paperwork after you pay their office visit fee and they look at your lab results.

Maybe by any chance you know any particular clinic or doctor to handle all medical exam? Price is important as we are on a tight budget. PM me please with contacts. Thanks.

Hey,

the info you were given is accurate, but not complete. There are more local documents to get before going to migrations. PM me and I'll be happy to explain more

Kind Regards

LoreLaterra wrote:

the info you were given is accurate, but not complete. There are more local documents to get before going to migrations. PM me and I'll be happy to explain more

Why don't you explain to all? All documents needed for Migraciones are in this official list http://www.migraciones.gov.py/web/guest … ley-978/96

I was wondering if I can deposit 5000EUR (or EUR equivalent of 5000USD at the time of deposit) at Banco Nacional de Fomento? Is this deposit made in foreign currency or converted to Paraguayan Guarani?

Whatever currency you deposit here it is converted to the local currency upon deposit, at least at the banks we've dealt with.  They will take any major foreign currency as deposits also.

majbjb wrote:

Whatever currency you deposit here it is converted to the local currency upon deposit, at least at the banks we've dealt with.  They will take any major foreign currency as deposits also.

In Migraciones requirements list there is stated "mínimo de 5.000 (cinco mil) dólares o su equivalente en guaraníes", so there is "or equivalent...". Haven't you deposited at Banco Nacional de Fomento?

Every bank normally will exchange foreign currencies and as Banco Nacional de Fomento is a larger one (no we haven't ever used it) I'm sure they would too.  But if not you can walk into any cambio (money exchange) or bank with Euro's, Dollars, Pounds, Brazilian Reales, Argentinian Pesos,  etc… and change them into guaranies or anything else.  Just need a passport as ID.  And they will check each bill closely to insure they aren't counterfeit .

You know exchanging back and forth costs, exchange rates constantly changing, so you can get back much less euros or dollars.

Hi everyone, I've removed a few off topic posts from this thread ...

all the best

Julien

Did You end up getting your permanent résidency? Who did You use?

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate (defamatory) posts have been removed / moderated.

@  Wiggum > We haven't heard from you since May, any updates on your situation please?

Thanks,

Priscilla

No not yet
**** is my lawyer
JJ Ranger

[b]A987[b]
Your link dasen't work!

Harry&Gie wrote:

[b]A987[b]Your link dasen't work!

Migraciones updated the requirements page and changed link too. Check this >http://www.migraciones.gov.py/index.php … permanente

Jjranger wrote:

No not yet
****  is my lawyer
JJ Ranger

Be careful with this lawyer. Major ripoff.

Submitted all my documents to Migraciones. Did all paper work in 6 days including weekend (Interpol office, private and public clinics are working on Saturdays). Everything did by myself with very little Spanish knowledge. All bla bla about bureaucracy or very complicated process is to get you ready for a major ripoff. If you are not lazy and pardon my french not stupid, just do it by yourself. Everyone I have met in government offices were very friendly and willing to help. I will write detailed DIY step by step guided later, but if someone has any particular question now, I will do my best to answer.

Thanks for your message. I will wait for yourfuture post about the step by step instruction.
Danke fuer deine Miteilung, binn mal gespannt auf deine Schritt fuer Schritt anleitung.
Gruss aus /Greetings from Legazpi Philippines
Harry & Gie

Worth noting about bringing foreign currencies to use in ANY foreign country but especially second tier countries.  All your physical bills must be pristine, perfect....no tears, no taped together bills, no dog earred corners, no bills with lots of markings from ink markers or stamps....your foreign bills need to be nearest to perfect or cambios and banks won't accept them.  If you convert bills in airports inspect each bill carefully as airport cambios love passing off damaged bills they mistakenly take from others.  You don't want to arrive and have 10 of your 100 usd or euros declined as too flawed.

Appreciating if you can share detailed for Paraguay Residency process, i have plan to move there

Thanks dear friend I think many of us would appreciate your STEP by STEP instruction!
Please inform me when you have done it or just send it a message.
God bless you
Greetings from Thailand (In the moment lol)
Harry&Gie