To obtain Romanian visa, for a Tunisian

Greetings everyone;

I'm preparing my papers to apply for a short visit visa to Romania, to visit my Romanian Fiancee and his family .. My Fiancée is currently in London, and will go to Romania during the time I will be going.

From what I've been reading in this matter, I saw that an invitation is required .. Does anyone have an idea how this invitation can be done, and how long does it take to be done, "my visit is in about a month" .. Does the invitation has to be from my Fiancée or can be from one of his family members? I need as much information as possible related to the invitation aspect ..

Another aspect is the place to stay, the place where I will be staying is my Fiancee's flat, I was reading that in case there is no a hotel reservation there should be a copy of the renting contract or the contract of owning that place. However, as I mentioned earlier that my fiancée is in London and won't be in Romania the time I will applying for the visa.. Does this copy of the contract has to be legalized, and can a member of his family legalize it on his behalf? And one last question, does the one who sends the invitation has to be the same one who offers the place to stay or the contract ?

It would be a great help if someone can help me with this matter, because my visit will be within a month maximum :) ..

Thank you very much in advance ..

Soula

You should be aware that an invitation letter can take up to 30 days to be approved, then it must be mailed to you in original, then you apply for the visa, which can take up to 60 days more to be decided.

I think it's ambitious if not unrealistic to accomplish this process within a month maximum. You may have wanted to plan a bit farther in advance.

As for the invitation itself, it can be downloaded from here.  Also notaries in Romania have a model for this, as the invitation should be notarized.  This means the person sending the invitation must be present in Romania.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you very much romaniac for your reply,

I had no idea an invitation could take that long, do you have any idea if through travel agencies it takes the same time duration?

And concerning the second part that I mentioned about living in a flat rather than a hotel, I mean the requirement of the contract, do you have any idea about that?

Warm regards

Soula

SoulaAP

It does not matter to MAI if it is travel agency or individual, the law is the same.  Those periods I mentioned are maximums, it can be approved faster (depending on workload), but MAI does not promise a shorter period.

About the flat, so it belongs to your fiancee, and some relatives live in it right now?  I'm not sure I understand the scenario.

If relatives are living in a flat your fiancee owns/rents, and the relative makes the invitation, I think that should be ok IF their identity card has their address as the address of the flat.  If this is not the case, it may be considerably more complicated.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Romaniac,

I sincerely thank you for your help, it has been really helpful, I appreciate your effort to answer all my questions :)

Sincerely

Soula

REALLY SORRY MY DEAR SOULA  BECAUSE I DIDN T ACCESS THIS WEBSITE EXPAT COM FROM MQUITE 9 MONTHS . TILL THIS TIME I HOPE YOU GET MARRIED AND BRING YOUR HUSBAND AND EVEN HAVE A BABY ? SO NOT NEED ANY MORE INFO ABOUT VISA NO ?

CONTACT ME THERE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING

Hello tovati,

Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum.

Thank you

Christopher
Expat.com