I've just registered on the site so I'm a newbie.
My wife and i and our 2 small boys (4&7) are at a quandary as to move to Mauritius or somewhere else (Australia/New Zealand). We are adventurers and sun lovers and operate on instinct, so most challenges are not a problem. We vacation at the various islands most years but have fallen in love with Mauritius and it's beautiful people.
Cape Town is our current residence and we have an established business with wonderful staff and management, most of our work is generated on the net so it's easy for us to up and leave. Our priority is for our boys to be raised in a less hostile society as well as meet people from all walks of life.
We have discussed taking a year off to explore Mauritius, to check out business opportunities, housing, schools, culture, etc...The questions i would love answered are:
1) What made you ultimately decide on Mauritius
2) What regrets do you or did you have
3) Is a year too long to decide for us
4) Where's the best area to stay on or near the beach, close to schools, shops, etc...
5) What does Mauritius lack or need in terms of business
I thank you in advance for time, energy and effort and look forward to your replies.