In retrospect, would you move again to Turkey?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Turkey, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Turkey so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

People is here (Geniune Turk) is always hospitable and helpfull to any foreigners
We are open to expats/tourists  generally because of mediterranean atmosphere in every sense  .   But as a politically  nowadays .. no one is sure what will brings tomorrows this is the fact almost everybody thinks .. so paradoxial situation but of course hope will improve and bk to the good old days . Can not give POW from foreigner but may be it will helps as the one of local's thought may be ?

Well it is normal that restaurant, bar and hotel staff is hospital, because that is their business. However for the rest...
Administration is from the middle ages, complicated and it takes long time. For everything in Turkey you probably need a notarized copy of your passport. You cant use your imported mobile phone because it gets blocked after some weeks. Arranging telephone/Internet/gas/electricity correctly takes weeks. Service staff is unwilling to understand or admit their own mistakes (it took month to clarify that I am not responsible for the electricity bill of someone living in my flat before me). Gas Company recorded the wrong counter. Interned didnt work for weeks. Think about the traffic: People behaving as they are alone on the road. They dont respect any traffic rules, I see accidents mostly every day. People are overtaking on the right side, using the emergency lane on the highways and even driving in the reverse gear on the highway, and they always think they are right in everything. Saw several times people beating each other up after an accident. For the sixth time now, some guy drove into my car, told me the scratches he caused are nothing and drove away. 50% of my mail got lost or severly damaged, so that I rearranged everything to be send to my homecountry. Every day people dont speak a word of English/German/French or Spanish. Taxi drivers cant identify my address. People cut lanes all the time. Food gets boring after some weeks. And so on. In the end you have to fight for everything, for me the people are quite rude. So I am happy to leave this year...