In retrospect, would you move again to Nepal?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Nepal, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Nepal so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I didn't know where I would end up. I thought it would have been Madagascar, but just as I was getting out of college after my husband died Madagascar had a coup (yes, I'm a late bloomer). I still thought it would at least be in Africa, but my money only took me as far as India. I thought Nepal would be a nice side trip for me and I'd return to India, but when I took one look at the Himalayas from the tourist bus window I cried as my heart embraced the magnificent majesty.

That was over 5 years ago. I've seen many personal assistants and several landlords come and go, as well as several petrol outages and disasters. Even after the first earthquake I didn't even think of taking the American embassy's flight back home. So, I'd have to unequivocally say I'd easily do it again.

I recently commented to a friend that for life to be so simple here there sure are a lot of steps to do some of the simplest of things. Read more: http://frugaltravelsnepal.blogspot.com/ … in-to.html