In retrospect, would you move again to Guatemala?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Guatemala, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Guatemala so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

You bet I will move again...I didn't plan to move here.. I just kept mesmerized by the natural beauty of the country. I don't know if I would do anything different.. as I know where I'm and not sure to know where I would be if I have done differently.
The benefits.. well what about the coolest life style I have dreamed off...
My commute is by boat to my office.. going toward the sun rising.. no traffic, just fresh air... and my way back is going toward sunset .. with my kids I pick up from school...
If it is to hot I can just stop the boat , take a swim bear butt and air dry the last stretch of the ride..
I enjoy fresh food and fruits all year round.. My kids know 4 languages and speak fluently 3 ...
They soak in a multi cultural, multi class pot that just brew the best out of them..
Feel that I have a positive impact on my health, my life, my surrounding, my staff, friends. Getting expose to so different approach of life that made mine simpler... allowing me to look at the larger picture and not my daily little problems...
The expat is also rich with all the personalities that end up living Lake Atitlan. Some call it a vortex of energies... a gate to the next level of consciousness, what ever it can be .. it will be what you decide to make it... let the party goes on...

Yes, I would move here again. Even though I have been mugged a couple times while driving my car. I cannot think of anything I would do all that differently.  Everything was a learning experience, even the bad things, which were not all that much.