In retrospect, would you move again to Argentina?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Argentina, would you heartily say "let’s do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Argentina so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Honestly, if I had to do it over again I would not have moved to Argentina simply because there are so many cultural differences. I personally had a really rough time adjusting. You should only move here if you're okay dealing with leaving your old life behind for a long period of time or forever.

I'm from the States and unfortunately I've encountered a great deal of bigotry from people who deem the U.S. as a horrible colonizing force. I've had people challenge me and tell me that the U.S. is responsible for the Falkland Wars, The military dictatorship and Argentina's economic collapse ... none of which are true.

My advice is you either have to coat yourself in 10 inches of grease so that people's negativity slides off or limit your social interactions to other expats.

If you speak another Spanish that's not Argentine Castillian, they tend to frown upon that and force you to correct yourself, which my partner and I have always refused to do.

I can't speak for everyone's experience but based on ours alone, if we could leave, we would likely not come back even for a visit ... except maybe B.A.

Being parsimonious, moving to BA was a no brainer. Everything was Very cheap. Those days are over. As a vegetarian, in the not too distant past, finding great quality produce was simple. Now,not only have prices skyrocketed, the quality has really gone done. One plus is that recently, many new produce stores in my area have opened.
I'm glad that I bought an apartment. I've been told that folks get 12% or more apartment rent increases TWICE a year. Also, a prospective renter might have to pay a years' rent in advance.
My one regret that I've had is that I didn't keepa diary.Even I wouldn't believe what I've' gone through.
PC? Not I.

I read on today's (9 May) that inflation is 40%. Could that be why I refer to Argentina as "Argenuela) ? Could that be why the number of homeless people sleeping in doorways is probably increasing daily?

Questions and answers about Argentina

Ask your question
Are you happy in Argentina?
By Priscilla
san miguel de tucuman
By ralph9
I heard argentina uses lots of gmos.
By Travelned
Dealing with homesickness in Argentina
By Priscilla

Expatriate health insurance in Argentina

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Argentina

Moving to Argentina

Find tips from professionals about moving to Argentina

Travel insurance in Argentina

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Argentina

Flights to Argentina

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Argentina