Can Anyone help me on Advise About Moving To Malta

Good Afternoon Everyone.

My Name Is Steve and I am new to this site. I hope someone can help me on some Advice ?

I Current live in Kent England And am really cons-ding relocating to Malta.
I've been Malta Many Times over the past 10 years and just love the Hot Whether And people.

Just Need to find out a few things before hand, Here are some of my questions:

1. Is Malta Cheep to rent/ Where are the cheep places, Can I get a property for around 350 A month ?

2. Can Anyone rent, I will have money but wont be working, Will Mention I am a painter here in the UK could I get work in Malta also I have done cleaning jobs before in Hotels?

3.Do Malta Government give any help if I am out of work/ Help towards rent ?

4.  Is The food Cheep in Malta Or is it More expensive then the UK? / And is the cost of Living cheep ?

5. Is Car Insurance cheep in Malta , I pay 870 a year in the UK ?

6. Is Malta safe to Walk Streets at Night, Is it a better life for kids in Malta ?

Do schools in Malta Cost Money for Kids to Go/ Or Colleges ?

Thats all I can think off. And theses are the main ones I need to know, I hope someone can be helpful and help me out lol.

Sorry Its a lot of questions.

Enjoy your day people  :)

Steve.

Hi Steve. My husband and i are now in the process of relocating to Malta from Norfolk. One of the things I have noticed is that just like any other country's Malta has cheaper and more expensive areas , have seen some well priced retals in Qawra, Marsa and Paola to name a few. When you look at the price of buying and house and then the rent you would get on that property the rent is very cheep. Anyone can rent provided they can afford it. Normal checks you would expect with privet property rental. Have seen propertys for your budget. It might be worth offering to do some work on the property to secure a good deal, as a friend of mine who also is a decorator has done. Have also found that some estate agegents are very bad at returning emails and phone calls and that their listings are very out of date. There is lot's of information on this site and very helpful people. So I sure you can get all the information you need to make a informed choice. Good luck Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for replying back to me. And Thank you for the information on them few areas.

I hope you all the best of luck on moving to Malta.

Its an amazing place.

Take Care, Steve.

At this time of year your unlikely to get a property for 350 - it's not impossible but unlikely - especially if you want main areas etc

Michellegreen wrote:

Hi Steve. My husband and i are now in the process of relocating to Malta from Norfolk. One of the things I have noticed is that just like any other country's Malta has cheaper and more expensive areas , have seen some well priced retals in Qawra, Marsa and Paola to name a few. When you look at the price of buying and house and then the rent you would get on that property the rent is very cheep. Anyone can rent provided they can afford it. Normal checks you would expect with privet property rental. Have seen propertys for your budget. It might be worth offering to do some work on the property to secure a good deal, as a friend of mine who also is a decorator has done. Have also found that some estate agegents are very bad at returning emails and phone calls and that their listings are very out of date. There is lot's of information on this site and very helpful people. So I sure you can get all the information you need to make a informed choice. Good luck Michelle

I assume you mean private property rental, we have rented two properties and both times no checks
were made unlike the UK and rental is cheaper than UK.

Thank you for your replay, Was wondering is there shops or some where I can rent privately .

Thanks, Steve

You would ideally need to be here to find a property to rent, most agents do not respond to enquires from overseas and also you would need to visit properties before making a choice. It would be too risky to rent unseen!
You are unlikely to get any benefits whatsoever (The Maltese Government are not going to pay out to anyone who has not contributed!)
Information on the requirements for residency in Malta can be found in the sticky at the beginning of this Forum.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=370643

You will need to have the required amount of capital or income to apply for your eResidence card under the self sufficiency rules or apply on the basis of employment.