Basic necessities while moving to Ireland

Hello,

I would be moving to Ireland in a week, from india. Wanted to know what things should I bring along?
Though I have a job but I would like to know what are the options to work part time/weekends ?
What are the options for doing charity/community service?
Whats the best location in cork to live from where a hospital and a school is nearby ?
Is it mandatory to rent a two bedroom accommodation if you have a 4 year old toddler ?
Does Medical Insurance include free doctor visits for minor issues, besides hospitalization in serious illness ?
Are dependents authorized to work ?
Any website/market where one can buy/sell used goods ?

Please guide..

Things to bring:
             -- I guess this depends on how you're bring stuff over; but obviously important paperwork/legal documents, clothes

Though I have a job but I would like to know what are the options to work part time/weekends ?
            -- Depends on your area but usually hospitality work -- restaurant, pubs etc are a great place to find part-time/weekend work.

What are the options for doing charity/community service?
           --  I just contacted local charities in my area that I was interested in (I wanted to work with animals) and asked how I could help... there are usually plenty of community organsations too that would be more than happy for an extra set of hands (and it's a great way to meet people)

Whats the best location in cork to live from where a hospital and a school is nearby?
     -- Sorry I don't live in Cork so I couldn't tell you

Is it mandatory to rent a two bedroom accommodation if you have a 4 year old toddler?
      -- I don't think it's mandatory... not quite sure though and great place to call & ask or visit locally is these guys: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/ for any specific questions they are great

Does Medical Insurance include free doctor visits for minor issues, besides hospitalization in serious illness ?
     -- No, you will need to pay a fee at your doctor (GP) mine is about 50 euros a visit... I believe that kids are covered until they are 6 years old though

Are dependents authorized to work ?
     -- I'm not sure, I'm married to an Irish resident so I can work -- you'll need (and anyone who wants to work) a PPS number you can apply for it when you get to Ireland.... you should contact Citizen information people for specifics

Any website/market where one can buy/sell used goods ?
     -- adverts.ie
     -- donedeal.ie
     -- gumtree.ie
     -- Also look up local charity shops for second hand goods!

All the best on your new adventure in Ireland!

Cheers,
Megan