Romanian Immigration

I'm going to visit my bf in Romania next week, I already have a visa and all documents but I am scared what would immigration ask on me since I am only a visitor and only 20 years old. I have heard that immigration has different law to embassy. I hope they wouldn't think that I am indulge to human trafficking. I have no plan to work in Romania or get married, I just really want to see my bf. I am scared with what they said "A to A" that a visitor can possibly send back to her country if the immigration is not happy with the documents.

I didn't see a question in all of that.  You said previously your flight was on the 18th, what happened?

In any case, relax girl!  You're not the first young person to visit Romania.  If you have an approved visa, you should have no problems.  Don't be so nervous or you'll raise suspicion :)

I don't know where you heard that the embassy has a "different law" than what the immigration officers follow, but that is not the case.  It is true that the border police can deny entry to a foreigner, but only if you are a criminal, or are a danger to public safety, etc.  Going to see your bf isn't grounds for refusal :)

Also, even if you did plan to get married while here, that is perfectly fine and legal, as long as you have all the required papers and are staying long enough.

If you have any questions, please ask.  Otherwise, try to enjoy your trip and not worry too much.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

My flight last aprl 18 is lost, the Philippine immigration here is strict to those young traveler, they told me before I leave my country I need to attend a CFO and get the certificate. I have it now so I have to rebook my flight and I want it next week.

campanmaryrose1995 wrote:

My flight last aprl 18 is lost, the Philippine immigration here is strict to those young traveler, they told me before I leave my country I need to attend a CFO and get the certificate. I have it now so I have to rebook my flight and I want it next week.

:/  Hmm, I thought the CFO was only for Filipinos that are emigrating to another country.  I wasn't aware that it is needed for visit (tourist) visas also.

any update on your trip to Romania?