Advice for Relocating to The Philippines

Hallo. My name is Gideon. I am from South Africa. Defnitely a third world country. I am married to a wonderful pinay from Davao. Our dream is to relocate to The Philippines close to my wife's family.
I am not after luxury, comfort or the typical american dream. I've been to the Philippines twice and what I like the most about The Philippines are the people. They are very friendly, humble and down to earth. I know life in The Philippines are not easy, but I think I will prefer life there than life here in South Africa. What advice can you give me ? I am busy planning.

Gideon Kriel wrote:

Hallo. My name is Gideon. I am from South Africa. Defnitely a third world country. I am married to a wonderful pinay from Davao. Our dream is to relocate to The Philippines close to my wife's family.
I am not after luxury, comfort or the typical american dream. I've been to the Philippines twice and what I like the most about The Philippines are the people. They are very friendly, humble and down to earth. I know life in The Philippines are not easy, but I think I will prefer life there than life here in South Africa. What advice can you give me ? I am busy planning.

My advice...."JUST DO IT". You might go through tough times in terms of culture differences and other normal factors, but it will all depend on how your mind and heart are set to. If is being in the Philippines then let there be no obstacle and embrace the country  as a home and you did be good.

Only thing is to make sure you are ok with finances and quickly find a good paying job to sustain you and your family. As you are married to a Filipina you can easily find employment.

Dear flex 14. Thank you  very much for the advice :)

Do your due diligence to find out all you can about living here. Learn from experience on the ones who live here. Check and double check. Make sure you have enough money to live here. It's not s great place for broke foreigners.