Experiences in london

well england is such a very interesting country to live with. the public amneties is superb. food is varieties and multi racial people can be found here..the only set back nowdays is the weather which is extremely unpredictable..but as overall i enjoy my livinf here.

Hi H Hafiz,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. :)
Your IP address indicates that you are in Malaysia however, are you back to your country?

Thanks

Priscilla

indeed..stopping by before going to barcelona on 24th.

K Hafiz wrote:

.the only set back nowdays is the weather which is extremely unpredictable..but as overall i enjoy my livinf here.

Actually there is another setback, and it's worse than the weather... the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

Lest we forget, and that includes a reminder to myself:

MI5 wrote:

The current threat level for international terrorism in the UK is SEVERE.

SEVERE means an attack is highly likely

Source: https://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levels

I don't want to scare anyone, but it's easy to forget about this threat. It's important to keep it in mind, be alert, and be cautious when travelling in London. And of course report any suspicious activities no matter how insignificant it may appear.

I think the weather issues are far more likely to be of concern to most.

As he is talking about London, I believe people travelling in busy places regularly are more concerned about getting around safely, than getting wet. Expected given recent history (2005 attacks & 2007 unexploded car bombs for those who don't know) and terrible events across Europe over the past year. I'm sure people prefer not to think about it as they are worried enough as it is with many other issues, and just want to get on with their life. But deep down the worry is there. We all know about the unpredictable British weather so I don't see a reason to worry about it. I just check the forecast and prepare accordingly. We can be prepared for the weather, but not for any attacks, which the government said is highly likely, and that's why I and others consider it a bigger worry than the weather in London.

Yup the weather in England is unpredictable, at least if you don't watch the weather on TV. But I thought that's one of the charms about England. And what with hurricanes, flooding and snow, the weather can get really extreme.