We recently moved to a small town aprox 70km from khon khaen and it is clear to me we need a car. I have read through many posts already on the "car purchase subject" lived in central London most my adult life so in terms of experience me and my partner have very little experience with cars so I think it's best to purchase via a dealer who is fairly local to us.
Me and thai wife want a decent economical 2nd hand car I'm wondering?
* purchase car and insurance separately or together?
* can we preagree repayment period over duration as short as 12-18 months with 150k deposit. Does the money put down provide that flexibility for shorter fixed repayment plans
* is it common practice to have a service and breakdown/fault agreement in place with dealer and if so the common duration of this agreement is how long?
* if we took out a repayment plan do we do that directly with the car dealer or do we need an intermediary such as a bank?
* My funding is from overseas do they need proof of income or will they be ok with a large deposit as outlined above?
* My residency is tourist visa 2 months but soon will be METV 3 x 2 months will this impact the agreement?
* is there room to negotiate on the price like other products in thailand and if so how much aproximately percentage wise should we hope to get the price down by?
* if I have to be the guarantor of the agreement should we get an English contract or would I need to be sure the wife fully understands and explains all the small print?
Toyota and Honda seem pretty common in thailand and also chevrolet. Are these cars common place as I suspect and if so parts are easily obtained in the event of repairs etc?
We like the honda city car it's not too big I'm not sure on the cost but if it's 4 years - old and a standard car with mileage say 60k anyone got an idea of what price it would be worth in thai market via a dealer?
Anyone with experience of any questions above who would like to share there experience? Much appreciated.