Christmas and New Year events

Hi,

Looking to go out for X Mass and NewYear, anything expatriate are organizing?  I'm alone and wish to join people to celebrate.  I do speak French too

I'm also wanting to know of somewhere for dinner on Christmas eve...perhaps a restaurant or a resort. Somewhere good value and good quality, can anyone suggest a place? Prefer Flic en Flac/Tamarin area...

poopolinatogo, I am here by myself as well. If you hear of anything for New years please let me know :-)

Hi everyone, xmas has just about been and gone, so i'm sorry i'm late for any suggestions for that day.
as for new year's eve, i've decided to find out what the hotels have to offer and i'm thinking of going to the sugar beach hotel in flic en flac. apparently when you book dinner, the party they will put on for their guest will be included, so no extra entry fee, although the special dinner menue will no doubt have a "special" price.
i'm here on my own too, so rather than frantically looking for something happening on the 31st, i'll go and see what happens there. I'd be very happy for anyone to join me.
I have not made the booking yet, but a friend who works there tells me that he can arrange that. however, i'm still open to better suggestions. Let me know
In any event, if last year is anything to go by, there is  n o t h i n g  in port louis at or around the waterfront. I was there last year. at 11 pm everybody goes home to celebrate with family.

Hi everyone,

Aarbee, IM in for Sugar beach on the 31st at Flic en Flac, anyone else would like to join?

Hi,

For those who are still looking what to do at new year, we are making a party in Flic en Flac : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=59073

Don't hesite to contact me if you want more infos !