Can i stay in Malta for 6 months without claiming residency

Hi can you all help please...I'm looking to rent in malta for as long as i can without claiming residency and i need to know how long i can do it for and if it's 3/6months etc can i go away for a week or 2 and then come back and stay in malta for another six months? or would i have to stay out of the country for a year before moving back there and renting again.

I have so many questions and planning to do about this, all the help i can get would be brilliant..Thank you

why not just do the right thing and become resident?

as an eu citizen you can technichally come and go as you please - you have the right to live and work here however your obliged to apply for a residnecy permit after 90 days ..

non eu citizens can stay 90 days in any 6 month period

Thank you for your reply, so if i stay for 90 days and go and stay in a different country for 1 to 2 weeks etc., could i come back and stay for another 90 days without claiming residency or do i have to stay out of malta for a year before coming back to stay for 90 days? and so on? any help would be great thank you

why dont you want to be resident in malta

We want to find out where we want to reside first and by doing this in different countries would enable us to find out where we want to live. so i really need to find out how long i can stay.

So would i be able to stay for 90 days, then say we take a week out somewhere else could i come back and stay for another 90 days etc.,

As an EU citizen you would not need to leave after 90 days but you are expected to notify the authorities of your intention to stay as a resident. This is normally done by way of applying for your eResidence card.
You are no longer a tourist from that point on and would not be covered by your UK EHIC card for health emergencies.

Ray

Thank you for all your help  :) more wiser now

Sorry to ask so many questions but when renting, how much is gas and electric & water, is there any other cost that would be involved. and would i have to take out private health insurance. Thank you for your help.

You can find the answers to all your questions by just looking through the Forum.
All theses questions have been answered dozens of times before and you can just use the search box at the top of the opening page!

Ray

BevMichelle wrote:

Sorry to ask so many questions but when renting, how much is gas and electric & water, is there any other cost that would be involved. and would i have to take out private health insurance. Thank you for your help.

:offtopic:

As mentioned by F0xgl0ve, the topic of your next question has been addressed extensively on this forum.  You need to view the other topics and your question likely will be answered.  If somehow it is not answered, then please start a new appropriately named topic.  Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I know people who lived her for years without, so no problem.