Has Saudi Arabia changed at all since 2011?

Hey!
I came here to Australia for uni from Qatar, where me and my parents have been living for like 4 years now. And turns out my dad is getting transferred back to Saudi Arabia (Dammam) with a promotion. I know Dammam and Al Khobar very well because we moved to Qatar after spending 2 years in Saudi.

When I go back to visit my parents in June, i'll be going to Saudi. Honestly, after living in Qatar and Australia, I have no interest in going back to Saudi because it's basically got no social life and my biggest worry is that Saudi has no cinemas (we went to movies in Qatar once a month) and Saudi's got lots of strict laws. Moreover, Saudis are much more racist and the country lacks cleanliness whereas Qatar felt like living in a smaller version of Dubai!

Has Saudi changed at all? The last time I was there was in May 2011 and I'm not looking forward to going back.

Hello Manish2510 and welcome to Expat.com :cheers:

While waiting for members to tell you how Saudi may have changed through the years, I invite you to browse the Dammam forum by categories to gather infos on how members of the site find living in Dammam.

> Leisure and things to do in Dammam

> Everyday life in Dammam

And its crystal clear that Saudi Arabia is not Australia in terms of Social life :)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Welcome back Maneesh...It's almost the same  :lol: