New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 2nd quarter of 2016

Yes they are sublime! Sure I will show you the most beautiful ones around whenever you want!!

I am in a wheelchair, so enjoying the beaches has always been difficult, but I do my best. Perhaps you could find out which beaches are the most wheelchair friendly. Looking forward to talking to you. Thanks.

My name is Jose, by the way. Ciao!

Hi José, ok there are some more wheelchair than others so I will check it :)
XXX
Jackie

:D thx Jackie! Talk soon.

Hi  I have somewhere to live in alicante but I would love to move out there and start my own cleaning company how do I start x

Hi. My partner and I are currently looking at the Valencia region (not in the city) as a potential for relocation for health reasons.  We are trying to find somewhere south of cold and damp winters but not too hot and north of frequent dust and pollution in the air! It is proving very hard. We have been driven north from Cyprus, Crete and now the Greek mainland (Peloponnese) by dust.  We have only visited Spain for holidays previously. Barcelona (love it but probably too cold and wet in winter) , Malaga and the Cadiz areas.  We will do a trial run of course, but really want to get it right this time.  We don't need to worry about work or schools, but healthcare is a big factor.  So I will be trawling the forums and asking loads of questions. :-)

Chui2 wrote:

Hi. My partner and I are currently looking at the Valencia region (not in the city) as a potential for relocation for health reasons.  We are trying to find somewhere south of cold and damp winters but not too hot and north of frequent dust and pollution in the air! It is proving very hard. We have been driven north from Cyprus, Crete and now the Greek mainland (Peloponnese) by dust.  We have only visited Spain for holidays previously. Barcelona (love it but probably too cold and wet in winter) , Malaga and the Cadiz areas.  We will do a trial run of course, but really want to get it right this time.  We don't need to worry about work or schools, but healthcare is a big factor.  So I will be trawling the forums and asking loads of questions. :-)

Perhaps the Canary Islands would suit you, winters here are just not permitted and the trade winds keep our summers from getting too hot, the western isles very rarely encounter the 'Calima'  dust from the Sahara.

Plus our purchase tax is only 7%.

If it weren't for other factors re location (work stuff) we might have considered the Canaries. Though we did read recently that they do get hit by the general dust regularly.  Perhaps just not the big events.

Hola a todos,

I am Grace from Philippines and now living in La Herradura. I would like to gain local friends over here and hopefully learn Spanish.

Gracias

I`m Alaa
From egypt
muslim
I like Barcelona a lot
And my dream is to live a day until the end of my life
I love my country very much, but on the economic level in Barcelona is much higher than Egypt
I need a lot of information that make me efficiency to live in Barcelona
I want to acquire the Spanish language
Luv You spain
♥♥♥

Hello everyone,
I've been living in Spain (Andalusia) for a year but have just moved to Cartagena where I'll be based. For the next year at least.
My Spanish isn't very good, even though I try hard, so I'd love to meet some other English speakers for a chat and a coffee. Please let me know if you're interested.
Thanks

I live close to Cartagena. I can help you if you need something

Hi everyone!

My name is Vivian and I currently live in Canada running my own mental health practice. I'm thinking about relocating to the Canary Islands as I'm currently in the process of moving my appointments from in person to Skype. I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) and am currently researching the situation in the Canary Islands regarding how much fragrance is being used in cleaning products, and how easy it is to buy fragrance free products there. This may be not such a big deal for other people, but for me it's extremely important to know when considering relocating somewhere. I'll create a new post about this so I can hopefully ask some questions! I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Welcome to the forum.

I live in the Canarion archipelago, El Hierro, I cannot help you with your profession or your concern with fragrances, totally out of my field.

However good luck with your re location

Thank you!

Hello I'm a self confessed newbie on here!

I'm English and I moved to Murcia with my Spanish boyfriend in April 2016 and starting to feel a little lonely. I'm taking Spanish lessons but this seems to be slow as I work full time for my UK company but remotely. I know this is me being impatient though and wanting to be able to talk to everyone ! Maybe its a blessing in disguise that I need to slow things down again.

I am a very sociable person and would love to know if there is anyone living in Murcia (city centre) who is either feeling the way that I do or would love to catch up.

I visited Cartagena not so long ago and it was very quiet but that's because everyone had gone to the beach. What a lovely town it is! And the food incredible! I work full time but I'm only a short drive away in Murcia city centre if you want an English speaker to talk to.  :)

Hi, good to hear from you. Yes, it is quiet and like you my Spanish is not as good as I'd like it to be so it's becoming difficult to find someone to talk with. Hopefully when I start work at my school in September things will be better and my days will be full, but I might be in touch because as you say Murcia's not far away for a bit of a chat.

Of course any time. I also work full time but I'm free most evenings and weekends. My Spanish lessons are sloooooowww and I'm finding it frustrating and isolating at the same time as there doesn't seem to be many English speakers. Maybe they are all at the beach too!

Yes of course anytime for chats or coffee!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=601637

Thanks!

Closed