New with budget question

My name is Martyn, Single, Dutch born but raised in Canada, also have American citizenship. Haved lived in Cuenca, Ecuador for 3 years largely retired. Youthful for my age, single and in reasonable shape. I am in the early stages of planning to move to Chiang Mai in December or January. Life is a little dull here and ready to be  a little more adventurous. I will use Chiang Mai as a home base and travel a little every year.

I have a question about living costs. My preference would be too find a medium quality apartment or house somewhat away from city center but not out of the realm of walking  or simple transportation. I'm not much of a partier and drink very little. What sort of a life can i carve out for myself on 25,000 bhat per month.

Thanking you in advance for your replies.

All depends on your life style, there are too many parameters to enter into account, some answers will be found in this forum ( Cost of living in Thailand – 2015 ) : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=439091

You can also find some informations about Chiang Mai in this website : http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/ci … Chiang+Mai

How do you plan to stay here long term ?

If on a Extension to stay "Retirement" Can you meet the requirements ??
65.000 baht income per month or 800.000 baht in a Bank account, or a combination of the 2 ??

Or do you need to use XX.XXX baht per year for Visa Runs ?

Do you have health and accident insurance ??

If not, It can quickly run up IF you need to go to hospital for treatment.
Do you need medicine every month, That cost to.

If you "only" have 25.000 baht per month now, What will you do IF the currency change  and becomes much worse = less money per month ?

Do you need a TV packed, What kind of internet speed you want ?

Do you NEED Air Con 24/7 or can you use a fan.

Can you eat local food (very cheap) or do you need / want foreigner food (Can cost a lot)

How to enjoy you self can cost a lot, depend what you like to do, Want to do.

As cthierrymk say, It depends on  your life style, there are too many parameters to enter into account...