Half Greek Thinks getting a job in Greece

Hi all!
I was raised in Greece most of my life but spend my latest years abroad with nice jobs in IT and good positions and a carreer (CTO roles etC).

Life is so funny. I am now thinking if I can actually have a pleasant life in Athens as part of my new job but is true that is very hard to let go my convenience that being abroad has to offer.

However the IT jobs seem ok there. How life can be with 1500E per month in Athens?
What's the climate and the vibe of the city?
I can't deal with negativity and stuff like that.
Had enough already

Hello george_pr and welcome to Expat.com

I invite you to browse through the threads in our Everyday life in Athens section of the forum to gather infos about life in Athens.

Threads in the Cost of living in Athens section of the forum will also be helpful

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

George,hi,well if you have a job lined up before you come here thats fine,rents are much lower than they were,fresh food is cheap at the street markets but you will need to ensure that your employer is paying your stamp every month for your pension and health care otherwise how would you pay for private health every month?Athens is a great place to live especially for young people,vibes are good,little or no violence,no drunken gangs about,Attiki weather is perhaps the best in Greece,lots of other areas and islands to explore on your time off.Of course some areas are best avoided at night as most cities,robberies are much on the increase in apartments and houses,I myself have recently been broken into and robbed but that is everywhere on the planet so ensure security of your home,extra locks etc..bars at windows.I was down in Monasteraki yesterday and it was very nice,gorgeous weather,you can certainly make it with that money but of course it depends on your life style doesnt it.