Is Witchcraft ok in Malaysia? Or Illegal?

I know much of Malaysia's population is Muslim which persecutes any form of sorcery with death as the punishment. What about Malaysia and summoning Jinns and playing with Tarot Cards?

Taoist exorcism is transparently practiced by Chinese in Malaysia. Tarot card readings allowed.
I suggest a Google search to confirm this.

Black magic is used in Malaysia and Indonesia and probably most other countries in Asia. But it's difficult to prove.

Btw, what is your interest in it? I notice you are living in the US but interested to move to Malaysia.

Used in kampungs - had an ex sister in law "bewitched to sleep with a martied man" and many Malays believe in it in rural areas and even in KL at work. Even educated Malaysians believe in this BS. Thats why herbalife and other rubbish sells well here :o

Haram though!

Nemodot wrote:

Used in kampungs - had an ex sister in law "bewitched to sleep with a martied man" and many Malays believe in it in rural areas and even in KL at work. Even educated Malaysians believe in this BS. Thats why herbalife and other rubbish sells well here :o

Haram though!

Hahaha...agree with that last comment about Herbal Life  :D

never heard of anyone got death sentence by practising witchcraft...
just try to be very discreet about it then shouldn't be a problem...
we still have witch doctor or something like shaman here...
n there's a lot of stories about black magic here too....
if u really wanna summon jinns can invite me along? lol... i wanna see... lol...

marukai47 wrote:

I know much of Malaysia's population is Muslim which persecutes any form of sorcery with death as the punishment.

Are there 2 places called Malaysia?

However worshipping a giant teapot* can get you into trouble Fred! But all sounds Saudia Arabian style "justice" that Malaysia thankfully doesnt follow. Malaysia follows a sensible form of Islam.

*For those who dont remember that news google it.l!

Nemodot wrote:

However worshipping a giant teapot* can get you into trouble Fred!

I love really silly news stories, and that is one of my favourites.
Worshipping teapots can be a problem in Malaysia, especially if you claim to be the saviour, and it's likely to get you sectioned in the UK.

marukai47 wrote:

I know much of Malaysia's population is Muslim which persecutes any form of sorcery with death as the punishment. What about Malaysia and summoning Jinns and playing with Tarot Cards?

Supposed to be persecuted but in fact its all widely practiced. Its a throwback to the time before Islam and how I personally see it is this: A chinese bank teller uses the adding machine because thats the banks policy but confirms the figures a bit more secretly on an abacus. Likewise, Islam because its the national policy, black magic because its the tried and true confirmation and done a bit more secretly.

I personally know many cases of things happening to people because they believed and thats the point. Stop believing and it goes away, although some insist they can and do make things happen to people whether they believe or not. Indians also practice their forms of this stuff and in this regard an Indian scholar in India was interviewed by local TV and begged people to stop believing. But again, thats like telling a Chinese an abacus isnt as reliable as a calculator when they know better. Black magic and similar will likely never go away whether its truth or fiction. I consider it fiction because of the way its used--to get rich quick, to shortcut hard work, to get revenge. For a shortcut to life, Malaysians and Indonesians will believe ANYTHING.

I like Tarot but dont know any gifted or experienced readers in Malaysia. Ive never even seen cards for sale (but I havent looked too hard).

But why do you want to practice witchcraft in the very first place? Curiosity?