Business etiquette in Colombia

Hello everybody,

As you know, professional habits may differ from one country to another. In order to help newly arrived expats better understand their new professional environment in Colombia, we warmly encourage you to share information and insights about the do’s and don’ts in the workplace.

For instance, are there office manners? How do you greet your co-workers? Do you greet your management differently? Is there a dress code? Particular rules to observe? Maybe a professional body language?

On another level, what is key for a successful professional meeting? Are there any steps to follow? How do you a start a negotiation?

In other words, what are the most important things to know for a successful professional integration in Colombia?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Google it..

Hi Escogalvis,

Yes indeed some infos can be found on google but it will be most appreciated if you share your priceless personal experience on these few questions so that members may perhaps relate or learn from your experience.

It will definitely be more informative.  :)

Thanks in advance,

What is standard is objective. Many times people offer personal views which don't correspond to the actual life.. Etiquette as many things are also dynamic in many cases, what is true today may not be tomorrow, it's why I suggest to surf seeking for fresh info.. I don't mind googling every time, there is professional advise on the web regarding many subjects. It's what the web is for. If not there; then doesn't exist 😉

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Moving in Bogota and find for a job
By Shiue
I want to teach in Colombia!
By jayromenunez
About Colombian job
By Razibhassan87
sabrina g-g
Backpacking Colombia
By sabrina g-g

Expatriate health insurance in Colombia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Colombia

Moving to Colombia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Colombia

Travel insurance in Colombia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Colombia

Flights to Colombia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Colombia