November Visit

Hi everyone,

My husband and I starting to look for places for a home in Central America (a few years down the road).  We've been to Costa Rica and Nicaragua and are hitting Panama next.  We've only got about 9 days this time, and while I know it's the rainy season, we're hoping to spend a few days at least in the sun.  Can anyone help us out with where we should look for our respite from the rains at that time of year?  Coming from the 4th  - 12th. I'm already aware that the Caribbean receives about twice as much rain so I think we'll leave that for another trip.  We're looking for a place that has a community feel (no big cities for us).  We're 34 & 40 and love the outdoors and active living.  Any recommendations would be VERY much appreciated.

Thank you!

Crystal Dawn

How hot are you looking for ,beaches or mountains or in between, on the pacific is very hot ,so tell us what you like

Hi Rod! 
Thanks for replying. I think we'll hit Boquette for sure, it seems like a lovely place by all accounts but are basically just wanting a sunny spot for a few days in-between the rain.  Preferably on the water if possible!

You'll get plenty of sun most days even in the rainy season. And I am not aware that there is a non-rainy area anywhere in Central America during the rainy season, although I stand to be corrected. I am told by residents that generally speaking sunny mornings are followed by a few hours of rain in the afternoon in Boquete.

http://www.boqueteweather.com/

The rain in most places in Panama do not last long and are a relief from the heat.  In November I would be more concerned with traveling the country during a month so full of holiday traffic.  There are days where many people head out of the city and days they head back.