Schengen Visa Help???

Hi I actually want to visit the Netherlands to go visit a friend of mine who I'm romantically involved. I have all the documents required for the visit to the Netherlands, but unfortunately I don't have proof of employment nor am I a student.... I have a South African Passport and I live in Cape Town... I was wondering if there's any possible way around this. Are they really that strict to decline me over such a small thing, am I really never going to be able to visit the netherlands :/

Please help this is really worrying -_-

Hi  there you need  sponsorship letter from your friend Netherlands

Even with a Letter of Invitation, if you can't clearly show sufficient funds to support yourself during your entire visit, and if you can't show substantial ties to your home country, such as stable employment, ongoing schooling, family ties, etc., that would indicate your intention to return home after a visit, it is highly unlikely you would be granted a visa in the first place.

James Experts Team

I entered Netherland with my schengen visa for 90 days

Hi James

I have all the other documents needed, incl. an affidavit from my mom and enough money in my bank account for the trip. I also have two sponsors willing to be backup payments. The only problem for me is the proof of employment.

Well, that may be enough to get the visa denied. Work history is one of the key factors. They may have strong supspicions you're coming with the intention to find work and stay. You should expect that.

James Experts Team

Hi harry,
If you are still a student, you have to ask a letter to your school that state you as a student of the school and you will not seek any job in the Netherlands and you will come back to your country.
I hope it helps.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Looking to live in Amsterdam
By wudaokor
How long does the MVV Procedure take?
By sickofwaiting
Waiting for the Approval of my MVV
By Khinvdijk
Civic Integration Exam
By Khinvdijk
Important requirement to approve for MVV Visa
By ama1966

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Netherlands

Flights to the Netherlands

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Netherlands