My wife & I are Canadians and like 1/2 the population of Canada we crave a warmer climate in the winter. I'm 57 & my wife is 67 and are interested in transitioning eventually to living 3-6 months in Mexico a year. Our income is limited so we are looking for some suggestions on some "affordable towns" that we might consider visiting and possibly living in for the winter from all you "experienced expats" out there.
Some things that are important to us are:
1. Obviously the cost of living
2. Within a few blocks proximity to great snorkelling
3. Preferably in the Yucatán peninsula
4. A closely knit group of Canadian/Foreign expats close by
5. All services such as hospital/medical facilities, good grocery store, and dentist.
I look forward to hearing back from you folks,
All the best!