Vacation for 5 Days

Hi Everyone :) I want to go on a vacation to Beirut, I live in Egypt and want to go there for five days. The trip is organized by a travel agency but for bed and breakfast. So, I need to know the following:

1. Currency used in Beirut (and if I need to exchange EGP to LBP then from LBP to USD

2. How much money I will need for daily expenses, without shopping :D

3. Places to go to

4. Recommended restaurants in Beirut with afordable prices

5. Souveniers to buy

Welcome,

Overall expenses should not exceed 1000$ in case you are well introduced.

Salah ***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Thank you Salah =) Do you have any recommendations for restaurants or places to visit?

all you need is usd everyone accept this currency no need to exchange to lebanese currency just get with you small banknotes 5-10-20 for easier life
make sure you ask how much it costs before  the deal
1usd = 1500 Lebanese currency
for the expenses it depends on where you go and eat...varies from 5 $ per meal to 80$ and how you will transport as an average 70-80$ per day is more than enough
visit grotto jeita, the national musem of beirut
for night life jbeil old souk (you can buy souvenirs there) and beirut downtown
in case you decided to visit the mountains the closest and best views for you are in faraya and pass by kleyaat on your way down you'll like it
for the restaurants make sure it serves lebanese food and dont forget the lebanese sweets and icecream
affordable ones al saniour,al 3irzel ,borj el hamam
good luck!

Hi MARC0000,

Nice you do an effort to give someone that info...
I would like to travel with my 2 sons (They are 10 and 15) in Lebanon during Easter Time in 2017 for about 8 days. We like historic places and nature. Are there places you would absolutely recommend and places that you would advise to avoid for reasons of security?

Thanks and kind regards,

PeterVQ

PeterVQ wrote:

Hi MARC0000,

Nice you do an effort to give someone that info...
I would like to travel with my 2 sons (They are 10 and 15) in Lebanon during Easter Time in 2017 for about 8 days. We like historic places and nature. Are there places you would absolutely recommend and places that you would advise to avoid for reasons of security?

Thanks and kind regards,

PeterVQ

Hi Peter, as of  the last 12-15 months, the situation in Lebanon has been stable. Just stay away from border lines with Syria (as a tourist, you won't even need to go there) and it will be a great holiday.

One of the best sites in Lebanon, the temples of Baalbeck, is probably better visited with an organized tour agent, as it's a little far from Beirut. If you plan your trip well and like to DIY your activities, you can make the trip enjoyable without relying on any organizers or tours.