job offer from qehc

I'm please asking for information, help  or advice.  I've got a job offer from QEHC,  I have accepted the offer. Am still awaiting the contract but their communication seem non existing.  How long do they normally take sending you the contract?

i think it should not take more than 1-2 working weeks. unless they do not have an available visa at this time.

Keep following up....May take up to 3 months...

Welcome to the KSA   :lol:

Thanks for the response. Do you have any idea how to communicate with their HR as I have a million questions to ask. I was trying to communicate via the forum but no luck.

If you can give me any info regarding them, I will appreciate

Thanks a lot. Do you perhaps have any other info QEHC that I might find valuable?

QEHC doesn't seem to be kind of a renowned firm. I suggest you track them down from LinkedIn. That may help better.

Thanks for the advice

Hi Chris, just wanted to ask. Did you end up taking the job with QHEC? If yes how was it working there, the visa and flight procedure? Would you recommend the company to others?

Many thanks

I don't know what they're offering these days, but i got an offer for 10,000sar a month, which is a joke. I guess if you're new to this gig over here, but 13,000 is even low. I guess it depends on if you're new or not or how in need you are for a job, but QEHC contacts me like every week these days. They are obviously having a hard time getting people to sign up for their contracts which ar e a notch below. Again, I guess it depends on your situation, but while you're waiting you might want to throw out a few other applications just to see what's out there if you've pinned your hopes solely to them.

Thanks for your prompt response and advice. I'm definitely applying for more options to compare best package deal.

They offered me less the 10000. I was given offer 8500 payment, 2750 housing allowance (but when I asked them they said that this only given to married teachers, which I don't understand if it wasn't mentioned in the contract as so they why change it), 600 for transportation. I'm new to Middle eastern employee to and procedures.

How does the Visa system work? I had been told I would need to go to Bahrain to do medical test and get visa then drive to Saudi... It all sounded odd to me.

It sounds like your QEHC wants to bring you over on a business visa which is common although becoming less so as Saudi tightens up some stuff here. Yes then you would go over to Bahrain stay at a hotel for as long as it takes depending on who they're visa agent they are using. Then come back over the border. I'm a bit spoiled here as Ive done my time at the beginner jobs and so have worked up the ladder a bit. I recommend to anyone trying to come here to demand to speak to at leats one Westerner already working here just to ask any and all questions prior to coming here. You get a good idea of what you're getting into talking to someone here with boots on teh ground. It's the best time to ask questions about anything and everything you can and can't imagine.
The iqama (work visa) is what they want you on to make you officially legal here. But what they are doing is common, but can have some downsides. It is common as the iqama process can take 1-3 months to finally get processed back at home. Im making a suggestion here, but I would recommend that you only take the job the offer you a multiple entry visa. Without it you're basically a prisoner here. Talk to someone here working for QEHC  though before you offer to come over.

A friend who currently works in Saudi via a different agent told me the same thing that QHEC is more likely to give me a business visa if I go via Bahrain. That's good to here, work hard pays off.
Yeah, I'm literally asking everyone I can who currently already works there so I have a better idea of what to expect and demand for.
Many thanks for all your help and advice

What I would say is ask all questions first and make these guys want you by asking all questions you can possibly conceive of. Now is your influence time. Once you're here your theirs so to speak. I try to make sure a company knows I can and will leave if things aren't the way they'll say they will be. Now's your power play time. I would ask demand in facty to speak to one of placees preferablt at the place you're going to work at to get a good feel for it and ask that person everything you can. If your still not completely satisfied ask one more. You simply cant be too thorourgh over here prior to coming.

Im glad I've seen this. I'm exactly in same position looking to go to Saudi next Saturday.
I have to go Bahrain first then to Saudi. They're putting me onto a business visa until my work visa gets processed.
What's your current situation? Have you arrived in Saudi yet

I got same salary package too. I'll be working at Al baha University. Yourself?

I've seen there are many restrictions on business visa. I need to bring my family over but I can only do that once I'm on the work visa

I would ask every possible question you can prior to coming here. I would also ask to speak to several teachers already present here before getting on a plane and getting here Al Baha is much nicer than some places in Saudi for sure. QEHC is not one of the higher payers in town but it's a foot t in the door. I personally work in a very different environment than you're going into. You absolutely can't be too prepared prior to getting here and anything you dont ask is your fault. You must ask anything you can to prepare for this place and even then you will encounter somethings that will blow your mind, usually in the category of the stupid. This country isn't anything like you''ve ever done before. Ask specifically about your family and basically get a guarantee before you make any assumptions about whether QEHC will sponsor you to have your family here. Plus teh fees for these visas just went up significantly as this country starts to run out of the excess of money it once had and starts to brace for the future which will be much less wealthy than they're used to. If I sound like an ass, Ive just dealt with the shit and now have a decent position for Saudi at least and learned the hard way you have to ask everything imaginable or you'll regret it if you don't unless your standards are relatively low anyway. In that case you'll be fine

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Am i banned?
By sphinxivy
Looking for mutual transfer
By ellinemoh
Translation services
By eveningstar
Nurse - Mutual Transfer - AlHasa to Dammam
By shijubaby
looking for a job in Jeddah
By Mariam077